Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New DD 14.5" Mid-Length Setup

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Please delete. Double post. Sorry
    Last edited by galaxie500; 10-31-10 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxie500 View Post
    Nice rifle. I think I will order a set up similar to yours. I already have a DDm4 and I am really happy with it. I was going to order a BCM 14.5 Midlength upper, but the more I've been thinking this may be a better option for me. The rail set up you have is the 12.0 rifle rail right? That is how it is listed on the websight.I know that it's not the 12.0 FSB. I was just making sure that I was picking the right rail on the order sheet. I sent Tommy an e-mail a few minutes ago. Did you contact him by phone first or did you just fill out the order sheet on the websight?
    I've had good communication with Tommy over my order after I filled out the sheet. I called him once when I first ordered and he answered(noticed later it was after his listed hours). I also emailed him a few days later and he responded within an hour or two.

Also the AR 15 lite 12.0 (rifle) is the one pictured in SPARC's post.
    Last edited by pennzoil; 10-31-10 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up on the custom DD upper. Certainly an interesting option vs. going BCM. Decisions, decisions...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Have you had a chance to make it to the range? I am interested to hear how it shoots.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Nice choice! I like the 14.5" light weight set-up a lot!

I recently went with a BCM MID-Length 14.5" myself with welded BC1.5 and I couldn't be happier with it. Shoots wonderfully. Given the choice, I'd have gone with a LW barrel just to shave a tad more weight, but my BCM 14.5 is pretty light as is and handles great.

I'm sure you'll love that great rifle! Show us more pics as you finish the set-up. How do you like the Mega Machine lower? What LPK?
    Last edited by DHart; 11-13-10 at 02:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
    Have you had a chance to make it to the range? I am interested to hear how it shoots.

Thanks
    It's been to the range quite a lot and is now my go to gun. I've put almost 1000 rounds down range and everything has continued to work flawlessly. The recoil is nice and soft with very manageable muzzle climb and quick follow up shots. I'm ordering a 16" mid-length setup this week with the Omega rail and BC 1.0 because I've so impressed with the quality and function of this gun.

Show us more pics as you finish the set-up. How do you like the Mega Machine lower? What LPK?
    The setup is pretty much finished. I put an Aimpoint T-1 on to replace the old optic, added a Fenix flashlight and mount, slapped a Magpul ASAP and BAD Lever on, and switched the AFG for a spare RVG I had laying around.

This is my 4th Mega lower and I'm always impressed with the quality and fit of them. I've used a lot of different lowers and IMO the mega lower is the best in terms of a forged lower. I've started a new build utilizing a Sun Devil Billet set, but I don't me using anything other than Mega in the future.

Here's an updated parts list in case anyone is interested.

Lower Build:

- Mega "Gator" forged Lower
    - Daniel Defense LPK
    - Mil-Spec buffer tube assembly
    - Magpul MOE trigger guard
    - Magpul MOE grip
    - Magpul BAD Lever
    - Magpul ACS stock (CTR on order)
    - Magpul ASAP sling adapter

Upper Build:

- Daniel Defense 14.5" Mid-Length Lightweight Barrel
    - Daniel Defense 12" LITE Rail
    - Aimpoint T-1 with LaRue Mount
    - Magpul MBUS
    - Magpul RVG
    - Magpul XTM rail covers
    - Fenix T11 R2 Flashlight
    - Viking Tactics offset flashlight mount

Thanks and keep asking questions if anyone has any.

Feedback Score
    Very nice upper! I'm planning to order a very similar one soon. One question regarding the upper: is the gas block pinned or clamped on? I've heard DD pins all their low pro gas blocks, but just wanted to verify this. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell92 View Post
    Very nice upper! I'm planning to order a very similar one soon. One question regarding the upper: is the gas block pinned or clamped on? I've heard DD pins all their low pro gas blocks, but just wanted to verify this. Thanks.
    This would be good to know, especially in comparison to BCM. BCM uses two screws into divots in the barrel, these screws are secured with a locktite type product done with a high heat treatment. BCM assures me that this is an extremely secure method of attachment. Pinning may be even more secure, or in actual use perhaps the two methods are relatively comparable, I don't know.
    Last edited by DHart; 11-13-10 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    This would be good to know, especially in comparison to BCM. BCM uses two screws into divots in the barrel, these screws are secured with a locktite type product done with a high heat treatment. BCM assures me that this is an extremely secure method of attachment. Pinning may be even more secure, or in actual use perhaps the two methods are relatively comparable, I don't know.
    DD will do it either way. If doing the smartgunner deal he has said on TOS to just contact him if you want the gas block pinned but wait will be longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pennzoil View Post
    DD will do it either way. If doing the smartgunner deal he has said on TOS to just contact him if you want the gas block pinned but wait will be longer.
    The smartgunner custom ordering option is great. And awesome that you can have it secured either way you want it! Good to know. Thank you.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast