Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Training For Civilians?

Feedback Score

TCCC

Mr. John- As stated earlier, I completely understand your concerns.

I will be running a class in Fairfax, VA in January. My offer to you is, come for free. At the end of the program, if you did not learn anything, and did not enjoy the class, you keep your money in your pocket. If you happen to add a thing or two to your knowledge cache, meet some great people and have fun while learning, ante up, and receive your certificate and 16 hours of Continuing Medical Education credits. Also, you will be tasked with posting an after action report on the Forum. What do you say?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@conditionred.us View Post
    Mr. John- As stated earlier, I completely understand your concerns.

I will be running a class in Fairfax, VA in January. My offer to you is, come for free. At the end of the program, if you did not learn anything, and did not enjoy the class, you keep your money in your pocket. If you happen to add a thing or two to your knowledge cache, meet some great people and have fun while learning, ante up, and receive your certificate and 16 hours of Continuing Medical Education credits. Also, you will be tasked with posting an after action report on the Forum. What do you say?
    That's a very gracious offer but much of it will depend on scheduling as I'm in grad school and getting away can be tough. If I can get away I will.

What are your dates?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score

TCCC-Fairfax, VA

Mr. John,

I am currently in process of securing host facility. I will provide details as soon as they are available. Be safe out there.

C-

Feedback Score

TCCC- Manassas, Virginia

Ladies and Gentlemen,

For those of interest, I am offering a TCCC Class in Manassas, Virginia, January 24th and 25th 2011.

Please contact me for more information.

C-

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have been following this with some interest. I was in Mark 1 Mod 0 TCCC many moons ago when it was being offered, at the time, to limited servicemen, and only Navy. I was a corpsman and happened to piggyback a class through a contact. I have since taken it a couple iterations later now that everyone takes it. We knew then that it was a matter of time until it hit Civvyland, and although good information, it is very limited in scope and need. It even needs to be modified for TEMS and the LEO community from its original intent. Having said that, I am a fan of 'knowledge is power' and have taken classes that I knew I would never 'need' aside from the sake of learning. I am glad to see this kind of discussion; however, for someone with limited medical training and/or limited need to find himself in a tactical situation, it is a bit overkill. It happens to be the 'in' thing now, just as CONTOMS was back in the day. Just my two drachmas

Feedback Score

TCCC

Chuckman,

First, Thank You and God Bless for your service to our Country.

Re: TCCC-although it is presently a Military Course, It is under revision and will be updated in 6-8 months with Civilian applications.

As certified Instructors, we are tasked with covering the existing curriculum, but have the liberty to discuss present day civilian world applications.

Additionally, this thread began with a controversial heading. Without disclosing students' personal information, I can assure you that the attendees all have the possibility to apply this knowledge, with local protocols in mind, as professional caregivers, or in the LE environment.

Again, a hot topic, with a multitude of ideas and injects. I thank you for your interest.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234