Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
I took some time to read-over the thread. It seems pretty clear that there are differing opinions on the video and the topic concerning the use of a shotgun in combat/ defense.

I won't delve into the debate regarding over whether the shotgun is the right tool/ viable defensive weapon.

The videos are worth watching in my opinion. Chris Costa and Travis Haley took a pretty broad subject and covered a great deal over the course of the films.

I thought it was a good choice to focus on the Remington 870, Benelli M1, and the Mossberg shotguns. These three shotguns are likely the more widely used for home defense/ duty use.

As someone already said, it is difficult to cover every issue concerning the shotgun, but the video highlights manipulation drills, stance, recoil control techniques (push-pull), patterning, slug-use, and accessories. As well as moving while firing, both forward and back. And firing from the prone position.

In the final part of the film, there are some simulated scenarios regarding the drills/ exercises performed in the training. The LEOs are placed into likely engagements, the two competitors run a competitive style course, and the non-LEOs are placed into a home defense type situation where the effects of shot patterns are focused upon.

Overall, I enjoyed the video. I have not yet had the opportunity to train with the MagPul Organization, but believe it would be worthwhile. I have watched all of their films, except for the arial gunner video.

I believe if you own a shotgun and have had limited exposure to different techniques, considerations, and training specifically with the shotgun then you will benefit from watching the videos.

My 2 cents.
SkiDevil

P.S. I thought it was pretty cool that some of the students were able to try-out some of Chris/ Travis's shotguns. Nothing really provides better understanding of the different actions/ brands than by actually using them.
Well said SkiDevil!
BTW, where on the totem pole of life is your 2 cents?