Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FedEx just dropped off my Magpul Shotgun DVD.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Did anyone notice Costa short-stroke the 870 during one of the prone drills? That pretty much confirmed my position in the camp that says an autoloader is more dependable than a pump which depends on operator skill for reliable function.

Can't wait to get my 14" M2 done....

Feedback Score
    If an auto is more reliable than a pump then that's news to me. I've seen too many autoloaders have problems due to the ammo being used for me to trust one for self defense. The pump may require more skill and practice but I'm okay with that. At least the onus is on me and not the ammo. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    yeah my Auto sure as hell isn't more reliable then any pump. I think it all depends on the gun really. I have a little something going on that I need to work out. Its cleaned oiled and running pretty good right now but I wont trust my life on it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm not talking mechanical reliability, I'm talking the likelihood of a user induced malfunction. If somebody like Costa who trains incessantly can short stroke a pump in a classroom setting, what is Joe average gonna do under stress?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by highxj View Post
    Did anyone notice Costa short-stroke the 870 during one of the prone drills? That pretty much confirmed my position in the camp that says an autoloader is more dependable than a pump which depends on operator skill for reliable function.

Can't wait to get my 14" M2 done....

I'm not talking mechanical reliability, I'm talking the likelihood of a user induced malfunction. If somebody like Costa who trains incessantly can short stroke a pump in a classroom setting, what is Joe average gonna do under stress?

Don't take offense at this, but I think you need to learn to build deeper data sets for your decision making. One drill in a video is a very small sample.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    None taken, you're right of course and I shouldn't have made the statement in quite that fashion. I do have a larger 'data set' and my decision was made well before this, just using that as a recent example.

I've been rethinking this the last few months though, having a couple each of pumps and autos to choose from. I'm leaning toward the autos now, having satisfied myself as to their dependability with good ammo.

I carry an autoloading sidearm as most here likely do, not a Colt SAA. I have as much confidence in my Benelli M2 as I do my LW Commander.

It's all good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I really don't see the utility of getting this in Bluray. The video quality of the regular DVD is *really* good. Great production.
    Agreed. Unless you are such a home theater junkie that you can't overlook the fact that maybe Costa's arm hair isn't fully visible so you can't get the full tinglies the standard DVD video quality is still quite impressive. I've been watching them on large LCDs in 1080i and it is incredible just how good these are. The slo-mo stuff is very impressive, and you aren't going to miss anything. Again, unless you just get a chubbie from that kind of thing.
    If that's the case, get the BluRay. I would imagine that that would be quite an experience.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D. Christopher View Post
    If an auto is more reliable than a pump then that's news to me. I've seen too many autoloaders have problems due to the ammo being used for me to trust one for self defense. The pump may require more skill and practice but I'm okay with that. At least the onus is on me and not the ammo. YMMV.
    Having been through Rob Haughts shotgun class and seen people short stroke SG's in a shoot house environment (under just the smallest amount of stress). So I have come to the conclusion that pump SG's are not the best idea.

With that said, most auto loading SG's are crap. So unless your SG starts with the letter "B" or maybe the letter "F" I would pass on it.

Me personally, I run the Benelli M4.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 11-12-10 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have seen the master of Shotgunning (Haught) short stroke an 870. So if he can do it, I sure as hell can!

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My DVD should be in today but I'm working all day so I won't be watching until tmrw. I run a 870.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast