Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MARS THUG - Colt's Government Model Series 70

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I saw this thread pop back up and thought I would post that Steve has been in contact with me almost daily as he is in the final stages of my build. He has been sending me progress photos via text, so I am actually getting to see my gun being built and is is a really cool thing he is doing. Steve is a class act, and I will post up final photos very soon.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Some new pics...

Sadly, I have to admit that I only have a little over 2K rounds down range. Hopefully this will change, as we may finally get a new range opening here shortly. (One that doesn't suck.) I am happy to report that all has been well, and that the only malfunctions I have experienced were due to my own causes, and not that of the gun, or Steve's hard work. Malfunctions were due to my reloads being to long in overall length. Thus far, I still could not be more satisfied.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have looked at this thread about 20 times. I love that gun, in fact I love it so much I contacted MR.MORRISON to get one started. Unfortunately he is back ordered on colt 70 series. So I have to find one for a good price. But as soon as I do I will be sending it to him. Thanks for the pictures, and congratulations on the awesome pistol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any one been able to speak with Steve lately?

I've been trying to get a hold of him regarding status of working he is doing on my Series 70 but am getting no return calls or e-mails.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have spoken to him a couple times in the last two weeks.

They were moving the shop.

If they aren't done with the move yet, they should be soon.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does Steve only do the THUG package on Colt's or will he work on other pistols as well?
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Does Steve only do the THUG package on Colt's or will he work on other pistols as well?
    I have seen them done on Springfield's but was told by him he prefers the colts. However I dont know if he would work on any other pistols for a fact, he is a great guy to talk to and he responds vary quickly, so just send him an email or pm if have any questions. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    As mentioned, although it is his preference to work on Colt's, I too have seen him perform work on Springers, in fact, in the gallery of his web page, under the THUG section, there is one pictured. The best word is the one already mentioned. Just drop him an email or call to confirm, he's good about explaining things and answering any questions you might have.
    Last edited by 350_eight08; 12-15-11 at 15:30.

Feedback Score
    I love mine. I'm still getting used to it but I can hit steel plates at 50 yards, freehand, 4/5 times. It's better than I can with my Smith and Wesson Model 627 4" at 3/5 in double action.

iPad/Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast