Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some help choosing Model 700

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rob s,
    Just checked out that model and thats not a bad place to start. 26" heavy duty barrel thats not bad. I don't care for the stock, but thats what the aftermarket world is for.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    Have you looked into the PSS?

I have one in .300wm, and it shoots very well. I couldn't be more happier in this purchase.

Feedback Score
    I think you would like the 700 PSS in 308. I now have two.

Gun#1 I spent the big bucks, AI stock-Mark 4 scope, shoots 1/2" groups with good ammo.

Gun #2 Standard 700 PSS with Millett scope-badger rings-harris bi-pod, shoots 1/2" groups with good ammo.

I have $1200.00 in the #2 gun and $3400.00 in the #1 gun with the same results. 1/2" groups.

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wheres a good place to look for a 700 pss? I don't see it on Remington's site. Found alot of info on it, on the net. It looks like a good suggestion. The pss its good reviews very where I looked. If you guys know where to get one for a good price and from a trust worthy dealer let me know.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    Wheres a good place to look for a 700 pss? I don't see it on Remington's site. Found alot of info on it, on the net. It looks like a good suggestion. The pss its good reviews very where I looked. If you guys know where to get one for a good price and from a trust worthy dealer let me know.
    Right now you most likely will have to spend about $900.00 for the gun. There are some on gunbroker and guns america but one of the bigger gun shows will get you a better price. Most dealers will charge close to retail for the PSS or LTR.

Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Go down to the lower right hand corner of the Remington site, it has a drop down menu for other site's. Select the LE enforcment site, it will show the Police model 870's, 11-87's, and 700's.

I have the LTR, but don't do much long range stuff, so I'll leave it at that.

I believe/think the "Tactical" series, 870's, 700's and that pump gun, are meant to bridge the gap between the sporting guns, and the police models. IF the 870 is an indicator, the police models are better built guns.

Besides the XCR there is also the SPS Tactical w/ the Hogue stock, the SPS Varmint, and a few other heavy barreled guns. Plenty to choose from.

Bob

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks R Moran
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How about that Model 700 M40 Rifle design after the Vietnam era USMC rifle. That looks like a nice setup.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    How about that Model 700 M40 Rifle design after the Vietnam era USMC rifle. That looks like a nice setup.
    Very nice gun. would like to add one to my collection. Hard to find gun but there is a company making them. I just can not remember their name. If I remember there is a link on one of the sniper forums. Maybe someone else knows.

Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Davidson's GalleryofGuns.com is listed as a distributer
    Dead men tell no tales!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast