Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington Rimfire Rifle 597 LS HB for first rifle

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    The numbers you listed are too long to be the barrel length, it's likely the overall length of the rifle which could vary due to the length of pull rather than barrel length. In answer to your question, an 1.5" difference in barrel length won't make a whole lot of difference in accuracy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    The numbers you listed are too long to be the barrel length, it's likely the overall length of the rifle which could vary due to the length of pull rather than barrel length. In answer to your question, an 1.5" difference in barrel length won't make a whole lot of difference in accuracy.
    HA your right. I went back a looked. That is the over all length. Both barrel sizes are 18.5, so I guess it won't matter. Sorry to be an idiot. I should of caught that.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    No sweat. Fwiw, I had a 10/22 that I couldn't kill and was always very accurate. The Denny seems nice enough but given the reviews I've read lately it's more of a crap shoot. I'd go with the 10/22 and never look back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    No sweat. Fwiw, I had a 10/22 that I couldn't kill and was always very accurate. The Denny seems nice enough but given the reviews I've read lately it's more of a crap shoot. I'd go with the 10/22 and never look back
    I'm going to go with the 10/22. I found some sweet deals right now, but have to do some Xmas shopping first. Once that is over. I'll be picking up one for sure and a scope..

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    10-22 new or used or an oldy Rem. 550-1.

Keith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a Remington 597, took it home and found it would not feed CCI CB longs. Took it back and ordered a Ruger 10-22. Other than that it seemed like a good gun though I never shot it. CB longs are very useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12