Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RRA Entry Tactical

Feedback Score
    Thekatar's attitude is why this will be THE last post I will make, or thread I will ever read on this forum again.

My turn to vent...I'm sick of forums that seem to be created to allow a few individuals to strut. Obviously you are found wanting in every other facet of life and therefore need these boards to make you feel good about yourself. Wow, I hope this forum is fulfilling.

I'll figure it out on my own. Thanks to those that were genuine with their advice.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastinCaps View Post
    Let me be serious and frank here guys. When I am told that there is a site out on the web that is great and centers around certain firearms I like and should check it out. Then when I check it out and the individuals on the site like to play games and insult. Is the site really that great? Let me start by giving a few of my credentials on firearms, in brief respectively.
    1. I served in in 1990-1992 desert storm as a US Army MP. MOS 95B30, I served on the SRT team and executed many operations in Iraq and Iran during this conflict. During this time I was "familiarized" with the M16A1, M16A2, M14 Sniper rifle, Mark19, M203, M60, M249, and many other weapons. After Desert Storm, I went to Physical duty on a little Island off the coast of Hawaii, called Johnston Island. Again many types of weapons and optics used there(just ask Greenpeace). Then in 2002 was deployed to Baghdad, Iraq again for another hard tour. This time we were blessed with carbines with 551' optics for them. But we didnt get any Kevlar at first but eventually we got some vests thanks to some senators back at home. Anyway, I'm home now due to a severe hearing lose due to a roadside bombing and cannot perform 100% on duty.
    I still shoot almost every other day but this is all I have. I do know quite a bit about shooting and would appreciate a little respect on the subject.
    My opinion is just that...MY opinion. Please don't put me down as I really don't have the patience for it. If this is a kids forum, please let me know and I'll find another place to venture. Thanks.

P.S. Just a little ditty- Colt no longer makes their firearms to military specs. AND thats a fact!
    Bob

Thanks for your service and the little story. Respect is a two way street. You seem as though you want to express your opinion and that should be the final word and not questioned. It's a simple fact that BM, RRA, DPMS use lesser quality parts to meet a lower price point. Saying a RRA, DPMS, BM is as good as a Colt or LMT is akin to saying a Folex is as good as a Rolex. They may look the similar but are definitely different.
    For the record I'm not an industry rep, or own a store or have any other reason to say one brand is higher quality than another. I currently have one Colt and one homebuilt. Is the homebuilt as "good" as the Colt? Honestly, I would have to say no. It's built with quality parts though not all are "mil spec" and has been reliable through about 15,000 rounds, but it still wasn't built following the TDP and since that is the standard for the AR platform it is below standard.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by adams77331 View Post
    Thekatar's attitude is why this will be THE last post I will make, or thread I will ever read on this forum again.

My turn to vent...I'm sick of forums that seem to be created to allow a few individuals to strut. Obviously you are found wanting in every other facet of life and therefore need these boards to make you feel good about yourself. Wow, I hope this forum is fulfilling.

I'll figure it out on my own. Thanks to those that were genuine with their advice.
    What a bunch of melodrama.

The OP wrote:

Does anyone have an opinion they care to share about the Rock River Arms Entry Tactical rifle. All of my local firearms dealers are having trouble getting Colt ARs. I was even told today that if I was not a LEO and provided them with a request on department letterhead, they cannot order a Colt LE6920 for me. I'm not a LEO. So how about the RRA rifle?
    He then got immediate and excellent answers to his query. Then BlastinCaps comes along with the dismissive and highly presumptious tough-guy routine, and the subsequent demands for "respect."

But people like ME are what's wrong with "this forum."

Sorry adams77331, I don't buy it. Good luck to you wherever you wind up in your quest for knowledge.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by adams77331 View Post

It's unfortunate that you can't separate your emotions from the facts presented. Hopefully you will find what you're looking for.

www.ar15.com is likely more your speed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter13 View Post
    The biggest difference is the weight and the 1 in 9 twist barrel (AR6721) and the 1 in 7 twist barrel (LE6920). Most everything else seems to be the same. Maybe someone knows if there is anything else that’s different.
    The 6721 has a 16" heavy barrel (HBAR), CAR handguards, 1x9 twist, the lower is marked AR15A3 with restricted markings on the right side of the lower. (last one we had had a shrouded AR15 carrier)

The 6920 has a 16" M4 profile barrel, M4 handguards, 1x7 twist and it's lower is marked Colts M4 Law Enforcement carbine and restricted markings on the right side of the lower. (M16 carrier)
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456