Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TAVOR TAR 21 5.56mm Rifle

Feedback Score

Tavor import?

Does anyone know if the TAR 21 could be ordered from Canada and imported into the US? This is assuming an ATF form 6 could be obtained and the permit received? It doesnt seem as though their should be any real issue besides from the price. Please excuse me as I am ignorant of firearm import laws. Thanks

Feedback Score

Nice necro-thread resurection...

Quote Originally Posted by mdmmd1 View Post
    Does anyone know if the TAR 21 could be ordered from Canada and imported into the US? This is assuming an ATF form 6 could be obtained and the permit received? It doesnt seem as though their should be any real issue besides from the price. Please excuse me as I am ignorant of firearm import laws. Thanks
    The semi-auto only IWI Tavor does not meet the "sporting purpose" requirement for importation.

It is a semi-auto centerfire rifle, it can accept a detachable magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds, it has a pistol grip and it has a threaded barrel. All these features disqualifies it from the "sporting purpose" requirement needed for importation.

Since, it does not meet the "sporting purpose" requirement, it can not be legally imported into the USA, unless it's for use by a Gov/Mil/LE agency.

That's the reason why Charles Daley was planning on manufacturing the Tavor in the USA. But, Charles Daley is no longer in business and, AFAIK, there are no longer any plans on making them in the USA.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123