Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Cheap Ammo

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evil_nadman View Post
    Hey I have been looking into a better type of ammo then that Winchester that they sell at Walmart. ( I know shame on me...). Now what is a reliable, cheap ammo that I can buy for my 1911.
    The 230 grain hard ball Winchester White Box that is sold at Walmart is made by Olin. It comes off the same production line that they use to fill orders for the Department of Defense. I am just curious, what is it not doing that you want to see in 230 grain hard ball ammunition for the same price???

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i've had good luck with PMC and it's relatively cheap online:

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.45+ACP

looks like speer lawman is also at decent prices.
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    The 230 grain hard ball Winchester White Box that is sold at Walmart is made by Olin. It comes off the same production line that they use to fill orders for the Department of Defense. I am just curious, what is it not doing that you want to see in 230 grain hard ball ammunition for the same price???

B
    I was having some misfeeds. I changed the types of mags that I have now. I went from Chip's to Wilson Combat. Haven't had a chance to see the difference yet...
    -Evil Nadman

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    CCI Blazer 230 grain hardball- $13.95 per 50.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1297.php
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I married a whore and now she is cheating on me. What should I do? That is what this thread should be called.

Good & cheap don't belong in the same sentence. Period!

Mike D

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd501 View Post
    I married a whore and now she is cheating on me. What should I do? That is what this thread should be called.

Mike D
    Thats a hell of a way to compare it, but it makes sence..

Feedback Score

Mike D

One or the other, seldom both
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. Mark Twain

Nemo me impune lacesset

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWave View Post
    Now that was funny. Even though there is Good -enough - ammo. To shoot up steel in the desert.

Again, LMAO

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    There is nothing wrong with wwb for practice. It sounds like your problem is weapon related... not ammo. A FTF malf is almost NEVER ammo related.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    For the question you are specifically asking, you are already there. WWB is consistent, relatively clean, and a very good value compared to the others. I have shot many rounds from a ransom rest and the WWB is darn accurate for factory ammo. If you want precision, you have to spend some $. Reloading is definitely the way to go for precision, but if you do not have the equipment, you will need to make that investment, plus the time it takes to do it. If you do not need to cover all your holes at 25yds with a silver dollar, then go with the Win. white box. As far as the mis feeds, are you using the factory mag made for the gun? I am a freak about using original parts. Camrys and Accords look alike, the parts all pretty much do the same thing, but you don't put a Toyota alternator on a Honda. If you don't need to take the magazines off dead bodies for your mil spec, go with the factory mags. JMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast