Thread: 9mm Upper problems - help?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

9mm Upper problems - help?

I have an Olympic Arms 9mm upper, blowback. Uses Sten mags and a SOCOM magblock.

I was fiddling around with the other day and this strange rod/spring combo in the lower came loose - the rod snapped off a small (20%) end off it.

Here are pics:

I assume this has to do with how spent cases are ejected, since when I put the rifle back together (without the springs and rod) it wouldn't eject thr rounds (I hand-cycled them) - they loaded fine, but when I pulled back on the charging handle they came out of the barrel/chamber but then didn't fly out the ejection port - they just sat there just behind the top of the magazine.

Anyone know what exactly this contraption is, how to find a replacement rod for it (springs seem fine) and also a schematic or "how-to" for reinstalling it?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I am looking for the pictures to show you but I can not find them. It is the ejector spring/wire with the curl in it and the rod (and spring) that goes through your upper receiver. I will keep looking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks - I got in touch with OlyArms and they are sending some replacement parts.