Thread: 12 oclock X300 Ultra?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

12 oclock X300 Ultra?

I've been out of the loop for a little while lately, but I've been considering upgrading my 12 oclock weapons light on my AR from an old x300 to the new x300u. However, I remember there was some question about the ability to mount the new light at 12 oclock and still get adequate clearance for the front sight. Can anyone let me know if this concern was valid, or are the new lights gtg for those of us who want a bit more lumens on our 12 oclock setups? I tried search, but I didn't find anything one way or the other. Thanks.
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The bezel is essentially the same diameter on both, so you're not going to see any difference in the sight picture.....

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have one in front of a fixed FS, and while it may be a shade bigger, it still allows for normal use of the iron sights.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

12 oclock X300 Ultra?

I have one on a carbine in the fashion you describe. No problems with clearance. I'm using the Daniel Defense fixed front sight. I also tried it on a DD with their enhanced FSP with no issues.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an Ultra on one of my rifles and a DD fixed FS. No different than the regular x300.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Loosen up the screws before you mount it, in case you don't want to keep it on there. They are a bitch to get off.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt