Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The debut of the patent-pending "FIREARM CONTROL DEVICE"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    maybe i missed it, but why stainless steel? that limits your finishing options to expensive PVD finishes or black oxide, which isn't the most durable of finishes.

i know stainless casts well, but i think if you went with a softer chromoly, you could get about the same casting strength AND be able to parkerize it like all the other parts in a traditional lower parts kit. cheap and good- a combination that should never be ignored.

probably too late, but that's my thinking.

Feedback Score
    In regards to material choice and finishes...

Material:
    Through hardened 410 stainless steel.

Finish:
    Bead blasted stainless steel finish as "standard", with black and tan optional.

The reasoning behind our choice of 410 is primarily the hardening process. The device will be through hardened, and the ability to air cool stainless steel has its advantages.

...when you add to that the fact that 410 is also very durable and corrosion resistant... it becomes an excellent choice for this application.

For those who do not desire the bead blasted stainless steel finish, the device will also be offered with a durable baked on painted finish (over the stainless), for now, we plan on offering black and tan.

M4C, please advise as to any other finish colors you would like

Edited to add...

BKB0000,

The device will be machined and hardened from 410 stainless sheet, not cast or MIM...

The Cat,

I intentionally induced the malfunction by attempting to chamber a very...very... dented cartridge.

Again, thank you for your consideration
    Last edited by A REVELATION ENGINEERING; 03-01-11 at 00:10.
    Disclaimer:

President of A REVELATION ENGINEERING....A REV ENG for short.

Feedback Score
    I see my brother beat me to posting an update.

I'd like to apologize for this project taking so long, but my brother and I have had very strict requirements for the production version of this device, which has caused significant delay. But we'd rather wait to release a product we have full faith in than release a lesser product quickly.

The materials choice has been made as a result of testing various materials and production processes.

If you have questions feel free to ask. Thanks for your consideration.

Wayland.
    Disclaimer:
    Chief of Public Relations, A Rev. Engineering.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Have you guys made any headway on an ambi mag release version?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    Have you guys made any headway on an ambi mag release version?
    An ambidextrous mag release version is planned... and is a high priority... but no ETA at the moment.

I am a lefty shooter, and can say that the device, in it's current configuration, works very well for lefty shooters who do not prefer an ambidextrous mag release...

Also... please note a number of free samples will be provided for selected shooters/ trainers...if you have credentials... and are interested in receiving a sample device please send me an IM stating said credentials. Please understand we cannot pass them out like candy, hence the need for creds.

Thank you for your interest and input M4C. We at "A REV" look forward to both outfitting the members here and supporting this great forum

Take care,

James
    Last edited by A REVELATION ENGINEERING; 03-01-11 at 23:13.
    Disclaimer:

Feedback Score
    More T&E samples available ; see above and shoot me a PM.
    Disclaimer:

Feedback Score
    Very cool concept, I also would be interested in one when available.

Feedback Score
    would this work with mega or POF lower that has the ambi bolt release?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I wish I would have seen this earlier, I got a class this weekend. I want one, PM me with an address and a price. I will run the crap out of it, and give you my opinion on it in depth.
    Thanks,
    Brandon
    "Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."
    -Psalm 144:1
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord, and a gun; you might need 'em both, if you show up here not welcome, son."
    -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Since I'm just an average Joe without credentials and my next class isn't until October... when will these be for sale? I'm definitely liking the thought of this over a BAD-type lever...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast