Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The debut of the patent-pending "FIREARM CONTROL DEVICE"

Feedback Score
    I think I'm down for one of these when they become available.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A discussion involving the gayest lubrication, pinkies, Popsicles, hammering balls and dripping guns, all in the same thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    I like living a life in which beer is an appetizer, the floor is just another shelf, and the world is my urinal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So in essence this is an external version of what the AXTS A-DAC 15 lower does?

Theoretically, if there ever WERE a problem with this type of set up, the external device would be easier to service than an internal, and also could be easily removed. thoughts on that?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How about posting a website address with the Rev Eng signature or forum member info or in the thread here a bit?
    I found it once but now that this product is close to being available y'all need to be easy to contact.
    former cat herder

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    g5m,

Here's a link to their Web Page

On there an e-mail address is listed for James, perhaps that might be a quicker route to reach him. james@areveng.com

-Matt

----------------
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelonsteel
    So in essence this is an external version of what the AXTS A-DAC 15 lower does?

Theoretically, if there ever WERE a problem with this type of set up, the external device would be easier to service than an internal, and also could be easily removed. thoughts on that?
    It's not clear if you're looking for thoughts specifically from A REV ENG or just generally, but my thinking is that the FCD is an all-around better device for two crucials reasons:
    1. It is easily removed/replaced/serviced
    2. It doesn't require another spring (the A-DAC uses a spring and detent)

In fairness though, there is a potential downside to the FCD's external nature - it theoretically makes it more vulnerable to damage from dropping, catching, being shot(!) etc. Whether or not that's a real concern will only bear out in testing, however.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelonsteel
    So in essence this is an external version of what the AXTS A-DAC 15

As opposed to being a specific receiver from a specific manufacturer, the FCD has worked on all the different brand receivers its been tried on thus far.
    Or at least no-one has come forward to say it didn't fit.
    That alone makes it as effective as, but radically more cost effective than, a single manufacturers whole receiver using that manufacturers parts exclusively.
    If I'm looking at the pricing right, it's roughly around 2 to 1 for the FCD vs the AXTS

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex
    it theoretically makes it more vulnerable to damage from dropping, catching, being shot(!) etc.
    Dropping might be a thing if it hits just right, but I don't see catching on stuff to be an issue. There's just not that kind of pointy hanging protruding type corners or edges on it.
    AFA being shot, the receiver would likely be ruined along with the device. Hell of a shot if it did take one right in the FCD though.
    Last edited by GTifosi; 09-10-11 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTifosi
    Dropping might be a thing if it hits just right, but I don't see catching on stuff to be an issue. There's just not that kind of pointy hanging protruding type corners or edges on it.
    AFA being shot, the receiver would likely be ruined along with the device. Hell of a shot if it did take one right in the FCD though.
    To be clear, I wasn't so much expressing real concerns I have as just thinking of things that COULD potentially be downsides of the external design (which you and I seem to agree pale in comparison to the obvious benefits of cost/serviceability).

To put another way: I'm 75% sure I'll buy an FCD (a number that'll increase at least another 20% after third party testing is finished and results are as I expect them to be), I'm 95% sure I WON'T buy an AXTS.
    Last edited by ChicagoTex; 09-10-11 at 21:43.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Are the FCD's still available for purchase?
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No. Website is gone. I heard, but cannot confirm, he was sued for some sort of patent infringement.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122