Thread: Ran my LMT MWS QBC style and liked it

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Ran my LMT MWS QBC style and liked it

I ran my LMT today in the desert with irons targets set up 20, 40 and 75 yards. I was using my RMR atop my 4.5-14 scope. It was fast and comfortable to shoot. I have only been shooting at the range trying to shoot groups and thought I would put it through the paces. I was very impressed. Recoil felt even less and I did not notice the weight.

I really was pleasantly surprised how natural it felt (as it should) and easy it was to stay on target. That battle Comp certainly did its part as well.

If you have not ran yours fast yet, go do it, it will put a grin on your face

Feedback Score
    Do you have any pics with your current optic setup?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use an aimpoint m4s about half the time I take my MWS to the range. I run a BABC and slashes heavy ar10 buffer. I was surprised how soft the recoil was, how smooth it operated and how easy it was for me to stay on target when doing double taps and rapid fire at 25-100 yards. Its a hell of a lot of fun. A lot of guys whine about it being too heavy for this, my answer, hit the gym ...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-09-10 at 00:34.

Feedback Score
    I ran my LMT MWS at the Pueblo Rifle Match in October. I must be fairly recoil insensitive since I really didn't think it was that bad. I did have an AFG on it for a pretty aggressive overhand grip, that helps. I'm not a light dude, so I found the recoil manageable. Most of the shots are 200-400 yards, so I shot them with my Premier 3-15 that I have in a Larue mount. There were a six 25yard or so targets and I dispatched them at 3.5x- not the fastest, but I was just happy not to get sucked into the scope.

With that scope and a PRS stock, that is a BEAST, but I just put a VTAC 2 point sling on it for when I was going to be lugging it around.

Little bruising on my armpit from not being able to take some from normal positions.

It is nice not to have to wait for the RO to call out hits. You hit steel with the MWS and there is no doubt about it.

I think that two things are driving me to add an RDS. The Premier is just too long, longer than I really need for the course, but this is my reach-out-and-touch-steel gun. I'd rather not go "open" class on the rifle with the RDS, but the the 20rnd mags are short enough that I found shooting prone to be kind of a PITA. I couldn't ground the rifle well on the mag, so I was all that was holding the rifle. A bipod would really help. If it were just one or the other, I might stay 'tactical', but both make going 'open' make a sense, for me.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 11-09-10 at 01:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Very nice, thanks for the pic. I think I may be doing something similar to your setup. Thanks for the report and pics!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For the guys who do run their MWS as a battle rifle, do you use surplus ammo or CHEAP ass stuff like Tula? I have been using Radway because it shoots good and its cheap, but its starting to dry up. Would it be a sin to run steel cased Tula in my MWS?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lj_1187 View Post
    For the guys who do run their MWS as a battle rifle, do you use surplus ammo or CHEAP ass stuff like Tula? I have been using Radway because it shoots good and its cheap, but its starting to dry up. Would it be a sin to run steel cased Tula in my MWS?
    I've got 500 rds of Tula through my MWS without a problem. It's about 3 MOA using an aimpoint at 100 yds, but it runs well. For 25c a round it's not bad for blasting drills inside of 100.
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What does "QBC style" mean???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    What does "QBC style" mean???
    Quick Being Cool