Thread: The finer things in life

Feedback Score
    While I don't drink liquor often my favorites are

1)

2)

I still prefer beer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I had some beer a few weeks ago from a Company called Dogfish Head or something like that. They make a "90 minute" that turned out to be 9% alcohol and set me right on my ass. Now I know why it only comes in a 4 pack!

From now on I'll buy the "60 minute" which is evidently a more traditional alcohol content.
    You want to get knocked on your ass? Come to Colorado. We'll hike a 14er with a cooler full of beer. The only time in your life you'll be drunk off two beers!
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    You want to get knocked on your ass? Come to Colorado. We'll hike a 14er with a cooler full of beer. The only time in your life you'll be drunk off two beers!
    We bought this beer one time when I was in college called "Fin du Monde" or something to that effect. At the time we weren't drinking anything without "dieseling" (pouring in a shot or two of whiskey) it. We never made it out of the house. The next morning we awoke to major hangovers and a generally shitty disposition.

Turns out "fin du monde" means "the end of the world" in French, and them cajun bastards did a number on us with their 9% alcohol and our double-shots of whiskey added to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    You going to tell him that he'll feel like crap for about a week afterwards?

Feedback Score
    Fat Tire is excellent. Sadly around here the only place to get them are high dollar restaurants. (IE; $5 a bottle.)
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    Fat Tire is excellent. Sadly around here the only place to get them are high dollar restaurants. (IE; $5 a bottle.)
    $5/bottle for beer? Christ, it's $5/bottle for freakin' Bud Light 'round here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    Really? You can't get it at liquor stores? Strange...

We're really lucky here - I'm about 30 minutes from the largest liquor/wine store in the country (Applejack). It's like walking into a Walmart full of booze. You can get anything from malt liquor to $1500 bottles of wine, Scotch, and $4000 bottles of Cognac (Hennessey Timeless). I'm personally a bit of a wine snob. Their French selection is lacking, but California, Oregon, and Washington are stocked to the brim. The help around there is about equal to Walmart, so it's best if you go in knowing what you want.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Really? You can't get it at liquor stores? Strange...
    I've only ever seen Fat Tire for sale by the six pack once, and that was at some organic grocery store out by some million dollar houses. I don't remember exactly how much it cost there, but I think it was still $10+ for a six pack. Never seen it in any liquor store here.

$5/bottle for beer? Christ, it's $5/bottle for freakin' Bud Light 'round here!
    That's insane. The most you'll pay for a Bud around here is $3, and that's only at overly expensive places.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    We bought this beer one time when I was in college called "Fin du Monde" or something to that effect. At the time we weren't drinking anything without "dieseling" (pouring in a shot or two of whiskey) it. We never made it out of the house. The next morning we awoke to major hangovers and a generally shitty disposition.

Turns out "fin du monde" means "the end of the world" in French, and them cajun bastards did a number on us with their 9% alcohol and our double-shots of whiskey added to it.
    "La Fin du Monde" is a Quebecois beer. That brewery, Unibroue, makes some unusual beers, like this fruity beer (I think it's a lambic) called "Ephemere." I think it tastes like Sunny D! Girls love it.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For the hooligan in me:

or for summertime back porch relaxing:

NOT in training for combat deployment.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast