Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M16A4 Accuracy?

Dano5326 Guest
    The AR series are an inherently accurate system even in stock form. However the acceptance standard, and appropriately so, is 4-6moa (I forget). In case thousands be need spit out by whoever bids on short notice wartime production.

Ammunition and then FF rail was identified by a SOCOM study long ago as a marked, easily adopted, improvement in accuracy. Additionally the heat sink qualities of FFrails have benefits

FF rails aren't, specifically, being "resisted". It's just a matter of priorities and infrastructure. Smaller, more agile and capable units, with different mission sets, can adapt individual training and logistical requirements quickly.

What would the cost vs value of changing a rail system service wide be when maybe 1% of users could utilize or notice the improvement. The current rails get the job done.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    1-2moa is much rarer than bantered about the www
    Or on the range. It is amazing how much better people's groups are before I start watching or asking them to show me what they can do.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I shoot some heavy varmint matches with a Hammonds 6PPC. Even in this community of the holy grail of accuracy that same thing happens Greg.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was looking at a similar build. The only think you may want to look at is a 1/8 bbl with a more full contour.

I feel the KAC M5 is plenty rigid. You could do worse.

Personal opinion, I think the Army over built the DMR. The USMC has dropped a lot of bad guys using the above setup.

For personal use, you may want to look at the Federal Sierra Match King 69gr BTHP. They were the heat a few years ago but have fallen out of favor against some of the newer loads. Never the less, they are plenty accurate and still lethal.

Feedback Score
    I built one of these last year using the BCM upper as well. Accuracy with IMI M855, Lithuanian M855, and Spanish SS109 generally hovers around 2 to 2.5 MOA. With my handloads using 77g SMKs the groups generally go down to 1.5 MOA, but occasionally run a bit tighter than that. This holds true out to 300 which is the furthest distance I've shot this gun at to date.

For a service type rifle, I'm plenty happy with how it shoots.

Saleen

Feedback Score
    I finished my M16A4 clone about a month ago: BCM complete upper and BCG, TA31RCO-A4, KAC M5 RAS, Bushmaster A2 lower, Harris Bi-Pod.

I wanted to be able to take full advantavge of the BDC so I purchased a case of PMC M855. I have had the rifle out twice now, the most recient being yesterday. The best I could do was 4" at 100meters with a 5 shot group.

I'm frustrated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadstar View Post
    The best I could do was 4" at 100meters with a 5 shot group.
    M855 is not a match grade ammo last time I used M855 I got 3.5'' groups at 100m as well
    try something else and you'll get better results
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123