Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaRue OBR 556 review

Feedback Score
    Congrats, and let us know how you like it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
    LaRue's manual doesn't say anything about a break-in, and my understanding is that Lothar Walther says yo don't need to do one. I just cleaned it before and after going to the range.
    I use the Krieger method on my Rock and Krieger SS barrels.....never owned a walther barrel so I am not sure how finely lapped they are but if they are as nice as a Rock or Krieger I would rec. doing it in the future.

http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/Break_...246-wp2558.htm

Feedback Score
    Small update. I finally found the offset mount I had misplaced, so I moved the Fastfire II to that and then replaced the Buckmaster with the Weaver Tactical Grand Slam 3-10x40 mil/mil scope I originally intended to use with this rifle.

The offset mount makes for much easier/rapid transitions than having the FastFire on top of the PEPR mount, and the taller turrets of the Weaver are no longer an issue.

The size of the Weaver is also a better fit for this rifle and moved the balance back a bit compared to the long Buckmaster. The glass is also a bit better and the mildot fits in better for my purposes with this rifle than the BDC reticle in the Nikon.

It still shoots great.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am getting one of these bad boys as soon as funds allow!!!!! BTW, Nice bullet launcher!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggLee71 View Post
    I am getting one of these bad boys as soon as funds allow!!!!! BTW, Nice bullet launcher!!!!
    Thanks. Based on my experience with this one, I'm looking to get the 7.62 OBR as soon as I can get some funds together, too.

Feedback Score
    thanks for posting!

Feedback Score
    good review, thanks for posting it. I have been eying one of these for a while and am hesitant to spend that kind of money without lots of feedback.

I really want one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goneballistic View Post
    good review, thanks for posting it. I have been eying one of these for a while and am hesitant to spend that kind of money without lots of feedback.

I really want one.
    Let me know if you want pictures of anything specific I didn't show, or if you have other questions and I'll try to help. Glad the review was helpful.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
    LaRue's manual doesn't say anything about a break-in, and my understanding is that Lothar Walther says yo don't need to do one. I just cleaned it before and after going to the range.
    LaRue himself says its not necessary.

I would love an OBR of any flavor, but they are way out of my price range!
    Last edited by InfiniteGrim; 01-29-11 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    Nice review by the OP, I received mine about two weeks ago and agree with his assesment.
    I started a break in on the barrel and this is what I got.
    I fired three times and cleaned it. Did this for 27 shots. When I got home I ran the Sweets through the barrel and this is what I got.
    After seeing this patch I will now go to a 10 rounds and clean for about 40-50 rounds and then see what I get out of it.

Decide for yourself whether these barrels need a break in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12