Thread: Franchi Renaissance vs Beretta Silver Pigeon II vs Browning O/U ???? SUGGESTIONS?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Franchi Renaissance vs Beretta Silver Pigeon II vs Browning O/U ???? SUGGESTIONS?

I've got a buddy wanting to find a Franchi dealer in Houston and looking for a Franchi O/U 12 gauge a Renaissance Elite model to see firsthand.

He's also trying to see how it compares to a Beretta Silver Pigeon II or a Browning O/U.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

Thanks.
    Last edited by WillieFlo; 11-12-10 at 17:04.
    Beautiful wife & kids, house, and my toys.......what else can a guy ask for?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got a Franchi 612 autoloader and a Beretta Silver Pigeon II. I have considerable experience with the Browning Citori. Not comparable guns obviously, but I think they speak about the companies. I would go with the Beretta or the Browning strictly because of the pedigree. Franchis just are not in the same league right now. Beretta and Browning will have higher resale if that's a concern. Beretta O/Us tend to be sleeker and more elegant than the Brownings. The Brownings tend to seem more utilitarian and chunky. Between those two it's really a matter of preference and what feels better. Either should be great guns.

I should say my Franchi has been a good gun, but I wouldn't buy another because I doubt the company's staying power.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    I can not understate how important it is to get to handle one before buying. I think that your friend is going about it the right way, find someone in the area that is carrying them.
    I am with sacmaster in his recomendation of the Beretta or Browning.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've owned and shot both a Beretta 686 and a Browning Citori. I preferred the Beretta. Sleeker more refined looking and it fit me better.

Feedback Score
    if he's planning on hunting with it hunting I personally would go with the Beretta, (or a used Guerini)
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"