Thread: Please HELP with 7mm question...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Please HELP with 7mm question...

I cannot find a trajectory chart online anywhere for the 7x57 (7mm Mauser) round. I found one guy's rendition, saying that he would simply sight it at about 3" high @ 100 yards, allowing for a moderate drop, but still putting me "in the zone" on a Whitetail out to 300 yards...

I would feel better with actual trajectories to make my own assumptions on where my lead is flying.

If anyone has access to these, could you please post them? Taking my Dad's old rifle out deer hunting Monday, and really don't want to feel unprepared when using this round I've never hunted with before...

Thanks

~Bobby
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    Try here:

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/rifle.aspx

Federal also has a program you can download that has the same info for every cartridge in their line. Keep in mind you'll need to use the trajectory chart that matches the weight of the bullet you're using. If you need to be really precise, match the manufacturer as well. Most of them have their trajectory data online these days.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You're hunting with a rifle you haven't shot yet??

Ballistic charts are fine for "bench racing" but to know how your rifle will perform at range you MUST go out & shoot it with the ammo you intend to hunt with

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You're hunting with a rifle you haven't shot yet??

Ballistic charts are fine for "bench racing" but to know how your rifle will perform at range you MUST go out & shoot it with the ammo you intend to hunt with

Ha....yeah....graphs will get you close but theres no replacement for actualy shooting the gun, an getting data.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the link. I got it zeroed-in @ 100yrds and backed out to almost 250, shot around 5/8" groups on center from there. However, decided to take the handy Ultra Mag w/ me today for my hunt. I felt the same way with tryng to take out a rifle I haven't shot much in place of one I have a few years' experience shooting.

Thanks,

~Bobby
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.