Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .223 die question

Feedback Score
    I agree, I think something is wrong too. I am going to clean the die real good. and get some Imperial Sizing Wax and dillion lube and give that a try. see how it goes, and make sure I had it adjusted correctly.
    It is a lee set. I know some hate them, some like them. I have not had a problem with the pistol dies. so who knows....

Feedback Score
    Sirk 798, i have used Mobil 1 5W-20 with great success. just go sparingly at first, very light on the neck & sholders. Good Luck.
    When in doubt,empty the magazine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like to take a tube of Lee Case Lube, empty it into an 18oz bottle, and then fill it all the way to the top with rubbing alcohol. Then I place all of my cases in a plastic tray and pour a thin layer of the lube in the tray. Roll/shake the cases around and you're ready to go. I've never had a stuck case, the lube is very easy to clean up, and doesn't leave a sticky/oily mess. Be sure to shake the alcohol/lube solution before each use.

Feedback Score
    Well, I broke the decapper getting the last case out. So off to cabellas last night, picked up some RCBS lube and exchanged the dies. worked like a charm in a ziplock bag. Thanks everyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist~ View Post
    A gallon zip-loc bag with about 125 or so (.223) cases is the best container for spray lubing that I've come across in the 35 years I've been reloading. Easy to wet down all cases by shaking up the brass between sprays and you get some lube into most of the case mouths as well.
    I'll have to give this a try. I use a cookie sheet I ripped off from the wife now. I just spread them out and spray then roll the cases around a bit. The bag sounds like a good idea.

I use Dillon case lube, since I started using it I haven't had a problem with stuck cases. Then again I'm not shy about putting some lube on the cases now either.

After I load them I clean them off with multi surface glass cleaner and an old t-shirt. I spread them out on the rag. Then fold the rag over and press/roll the ammo to clean off the lube.

I also learned from another post on this forum to put a 1/4 dryer sheet in the tumbler when cleaning the cases. It works like a charm.

Feedback Score
    I've sized gazillions of 223 cases using Dillon case lube without a single stuck case. I use either Hornady or Redding dies. For reference, a gazillion is a million zillions. I use a one gallon zipper bag too, but wipe off the case neck & shoulder before sizing to reduce the amount of lube in these areas to prevent lube dents. There is still plenty of lube on the case to prevent sticking.

Feedback Score
    Try Imperial sizing wax. It's tits

Feedback Score
    I use Dillon lube and Lee dies...never had a problem. Just make sure you follow the instructions on the Dillon lube bottle.

Feedback Score
    Hornady One Shot is only suitable for straight wall cases. For 223/556, I use Dillon case lube. I lay all my brass on a cookie plate and squirt 3 to 4 times then I dump everything in my case feeder. I reload mass amount of that caliber and never good a single problem, even with non-carbide dies.

Feedback Score
    I use the Hornady One Shot lube with no issues for bottle-neck rifle cases - using the zip-loc bag method mentioned above.

I use carbide pistol dies and no lube.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast