Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Range/Gun Belt

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    To add to what Tom said, when you put the belt on with all of your gear, you will unthread the buckle, just as you would a Wilderness belt. Once everything is on, you use the cobra buckle as a "seat belt" type buckle and the tension is the same. With a Wilderness, you tighten it each time.

The belts will be more than stiff enough for ya, and they work just fine with the Raven holsters.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Bumping this in lieu of starting a new thread.

I've been using a riggers belt for about 8 years now, but, with the gear I'm hanging off of them, they always always fold up.

They're not nearly rigid enough.

A perfect solution, for me, would be a 1.75" plastic-reinforced rigger's belt. I'm looking into the cobra belts, but donning/doffing gear seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Also, I am not sure how the adjustability of the sizing works. With a rigger's belt, one of the biggest pluses has been the ability for it to adapt to various situations, adjustment-wise.

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Pics if you got 'em.

Feedback Score
    I've used riggers belts, or contractor belts or whatever they're called and they work ok. I prefer leather and buy all my belts from Bullhide Belts. They don't have that "tacticool look" but they sure as hell are substantial and they work.
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Bumping this in lieu of starting a new thread.

I've been using a riggers belt for about 8 years now, but, with the gear I'm hanging off of them, they always always fold up.

They're not nearly rigid enough.

A perfect solution, for me, would be a 1.75" plastic-reinforced rigger's belt. I'm looking into the cobra belts, but donning/doffing gear seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Also, I am not sure how the adjustability of the sizing works. With a rigger's belt, one of the biggest pluses has been the ability for it to adapt to various situations, adjustment-wise.

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Pics if you got 'em.
    Volund Gearworks should do the trick.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ares Aegis belt. You can control the amount of unused slack by mearuring how much you want and order the appropriate size. No buckle removal need and you'll get the same strength of the Rabger belt for load carriage.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Volund Gearworks should do the trick.

This.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionYellow45 View Post
    I'm running all Raven gear, I've heard that you have to take the buckle off of the Ares belt in order to thread it through the belt loops. Is this true? And if so, is it hard/annoying to take the buckle on and off?
    I alleviated the problem by getting the RCS quick mount straps. The holster feels just as fixed to my hip as with the standard kydex loops.

I find my Ares Ranger Belt and Phantom to be a perfect combo
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The base of the design is two layers of stiff scuba webbing sandwiched between two layers of flat webbing. This is a VERY stiff belt even in the most stripped down setup. The buckle used is a 1” Cobra buckle, since the body of the belt is wider than the buckle, there is nothing to stab you in the guts up front on the belt and the buckle cinches down just as tight and secure as it’s wider brethren.
    Aaaaaaaaaaand...mission accomplished.

http://store.volundgearworks.com/ind...duty-belt.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just started using a Volund Gear works g-hook belt. Extremely stiff yet still comfortable, and it is very easy to take items on / off due to the design.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For every day use I've used a nice, simple, cheap Uncle Mikes instructors belt for years. More than adequately stiff to support the OWB PPS I carry, simple and quick to thread, very durable. I've used riggers belts...didn't find them stiff enough. I have a Volund Gearworks G-hook, found it to be bulky and cumbersome to put on and take off, and harder to thread. The VG was well-made, but otherwise not a useful every day belt IMHO. For range use I prefer a CR Speedbelt (BladeTech Competition belt...same thing).
    Last edited by Hmac; 09-09-14 at 23:38.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast