Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Central KY?

Feedback Score

Question South Central KY?

Is anyone from South Central KY?

Feedback Score
    Not South-Central, but us Kentuckians are around!

Northern KY, myself.

Feedback Score
    How about Louisville?

Feedback Score
    Bowling Green

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, Louisville/Jeffersontown. I am sick of shooting at Knob Creek with the new range Nazi out there.

Feedback Score
    What's the deal with knob creek? I have been there a few times but it been a while.

Feedback Score
    KCR is one of the only outdoor options somewhat close to the area (Lville Metro/ east side) that I am aware of. If any of you know other places please chime in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm in the Elizabethtown area. +1 on the Range Nazi at Knob Creek. I really wish there was another outdoor range in the area.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in Richmond... only outdoor range around here is the Wildlife Reserve down off 421 South (towards Sand Gap, Jackson County), and it is NOT very accomodating for anything other than scoped weapons (must fire through tube-traps for sound reduction purposes)... most people with handguns fire over the fence downrange, which isn't extremely safe for the others, as you must close-off the traps before entering the range area.

However, there is one commonly unknown indoor range just outside of Richmond, in a gentleman's barn. There is also Bud's new indoor range in Lexington. There's some good guys at Bud's Police Supply in Lexington. Greg (now at Buds) owned the only decent gun shop here in Richmond before going up there...

We need a place for distance shooting around here though. Where can I go to learn 500+ yard shooting?
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Another Elizabethtown guy here. I shoot on Fort Knox (French Shooting Club) for the most part. I've been out to KCGR many times, of course, but only shoot there when we're with Joe (Superior Firearms) running a class of some sort on the lower range. The public area next to the store doesn't usually look like a very enjoyable place to be, quite frankly, though I suppose I could be wrong about that.

I believe the Fort Knox range is open to the public, but if you're not military, you'll have to jump through a few hoops (background check and an MWR card) to use the facility. You definitely don't want to bring weapons onto the post until you've met those requirements, but it's a decent place to go, run without a lot of drama, and usually not too crowded.

AC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast