Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to pick 1 fixed blade knife...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    If you were going to pick 1 fixed blade knife, to be used from anything from a woods/survival knife, fighting knife, etc., what would you pick? A high end like a Strider, Zero Tolerance, Chris Reeve, or some other custom maker? Or a lower end like a Gerber LMF, Ontario RAT, etc..??
    The only ones I seem to use anymore are my Glock field knives and the Benchmade Nimravus Cub.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Strider EBLT SS.

Feedback Score
    Randall Model 1 for me.

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    I carried one of the Ontario Knife copies of the Navy EOD knife (heresy as a jarhead, I know) for a couple of years when I was in the Corps, and it did me well. Tough as nails, held an edge well, and only $30.

Feedback Score
    Here's a pic of the knife I was trying to post above.

They're priced rather high now considering the materials they use. Still a fine knife, but nowhere near the value they were a few years ago. They've gotten rather proud of their stuff in the meantime.
    I like this particular model for the features. Sure it's not going to shave the hair off your arm forever, sure the handle wasn't specifically designed for stabbing two legged prey, sure it may not have the precision of a razor blade, but I think it would make an excellent survival knife that can hold it's own in any arena.

I don't own one, but the testimonials of owners I've read all say the sawback blade spine cuts through wood like soft butter. Typical serrations clog up extremely fast, the hammer cutting method gets old quick, and it's not always practical to carry around a wood saw or an axe. Their sawback design is based off of the common modern chainsaw, so I'd hope it's just as the majority of owners say.

I really like that the blade is 1/4" thick. I also like that the pommel is exposed metal to avoid any problems associated with striking hard objects and the stress it puts on the handles. The handles may be indestructible, but very rarely can the same be said for the bushings and screws.

I'd like to get one in the future to put through it's paces. They're built like tanks, and I think they look about as menacing as a knife can get with out gaudy unnecessary flare.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    Thats a hard decision. I think a MOD ATAC mark 5, Nightwing, or a Chris Reeve's knife.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Strider DB!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    Strider DB!
    +1 Except I prefer the DB-L. Second place is a good Swiss Army knife or "Multi-Tool" (I prefer the Gerber).

Stephen

Feedback Score
    xxxxx
    Last edited by PALADIN-hgwt; 07-09-09 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    For a fixed blade, I'd pick a Strider or Chris Reeve. I dislike paracord grips. Of course, you should pick what works for you.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast