Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Gear

Feedback Score

Blackhawk Gear

I have been paying attention to a lot of things on this forum and I have noticed that Blackhawk web gear doesnt really get to many high regards due to quality. But im wondering how is thier footwear. Im not going to be pounding the dirt in either of the sandboxes ( O how I wish I was). Im more or less gonna be pounding the pavement. Im wearing my rocky jump boots that I had in the academy and they are a little rough on the feet after 16 hours and not to mention loud(gotta love it when you can sneak up on those perps) due to the fact they have a hard sole. I love the boots but im looking for something that will be a little more sparing on my feet after 3 days of continous shifts. Im also looking for something i can beat the hell out of and not have to go home a spit shine them to look good. Ive been looking at these blackhawks. http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=83BT03&C=C0864 If any one has any input on these boots or others made by blackhawk id love to hear it, and if any one recomends Original SWAT brand boots no thanks i bought a pair and they lasted about 3 weeks.

P.S. Im really sorry if this post is rambling on due to major staffing issues here at my department ive had about 4 hours of sleep in the past three day but the over time is great$$$

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No info on the blackhawks, but I've always had good luck with Magnum's boot line. One I want to try is the Oakley boot. I've heard a lot of good reviews about them
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't have any personal experience with the Blackhawk boots, either.

But, I will second the Hitech Magnum brand. I've worn the brown Civvy Hiking boot version for the last 4 years, with one pair of the higher black boots thrown in. I rotate two pair, every other day and get about one year out of each pair of boots. The steel shank in the sole seems to break down slower than other brands I've tried. My boots seem to die internally long before the exterior goes. In other words, my feet hurt like hell long before they look completely worn out externally. Most of my usage is standing and walking on concrete floors.

I will also mention I prefer a mid length hiking type boot for every day wear over higher military height boots or shoe heigth. The mid length provides ankle support without chafing my calfs and shins all day.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have apair of the tan Blackhawks.

They aer very comfortable, but...

They are a little short, and my pants tend to come unbloused, if thats a concern.

And, for whatever reason, when I walk, they just don't "feel" right to me. Remember way back when everyone had their leg boots and Jump boots resoled, with thick frankenstein soles? Thats how they feel to me, just can't get used to them. Glad they were given to me by the local cop shop dealer, and didn't have to pay for them.

Had pretty good luck with Magnums.

And, +1 to breaking down internally first. Most outsoles and uppers will last forever, the internal mid sole cushioning will go long before the rest, just like your running shoes.

Bob

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    No info on the blackhawks, but I've always had good luck with Magnum's boot line. One I want to try is the Oakley boot. I've heard a lot of good reviews about them
    Very comfortable, I pulled a pair out of the box and wore them for a 3 day carbine course with no problems. They could last a little longer for the price, I usually get about 8 months out of a pair. They are also very squeaky when walking on a tile/linoleum floor if they are wet. You couldn't sneak up on Helen Keller.

I haven't tried the Blackhawks, sorry I can't offer anything.

A fortified location near Fort Campbell, KY
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried the Blackhawks, but there are lotsa reviews of them out there. Basically, they go like this: great comfort, followed by quick blowouts of seams. Obviously, YMMV, but there are better boots out there in the same price range.

I used a pair of Magnums when I worked retail all day and bounced all night. Killed 'em in three months. The only boots that I've had that have lasted comensurate to what I paid for 'em have been Danners.
    Its all fun and games till somebody loses an eye. Then its fun and games you can't see.-James Hetfield

Expertise is nothing more than the basics done correctly.-Holy Roller

ATS Tactical Gear, LLC

Feedback Score
    Ive had two pair of Magnums one lasted 6 months and the other lasted about 4. For some reason Im really rough with my boots. I agree that for the money they should last a lot longer for the price. As far as longevity goes my Rocky's are hands down long lasting over a year and a good portion was the academy and still on the original soles. I just really want to go with something a little less high shine and something a little more tacticool. I really like how the toe and heels on the blackhawks have the rubber around them, im constantly scuffing the toes on my Rocky's and it drives me bonkers.

Feedback Score
    i have tried most of the patrol boots out there and for pounding the pavement they all have limited lifespans. the boots i've been wearing for the last 2 years are the altama jungle boots with the ripple soles. they are comfortable , durable , and definitely kick good when you have to put a boot up someones ass . they also arent that expensive about 100 bucks if i remember correctly

Feedback Score
    I could of swore the Army gave the Magnums the No Go?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no idea how you would get them, but the boots the USMC uses are the shizz-nit, in Goretex and non-Goretex versions. Aside from acquiring a pair, they only come in a coyote brown color. The manufacturer probably makes other versions though. I could check who the manf is, but I don't want to take my boots off.
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast