Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blackhawk Gear

Feedback Score

5.11 boot quality (or lack thereof)

I went through 3 pairs of 5.11 8" ATAC's in one year. They're very comfortable but the cordura/nylon separates from the leather in flex areas within weeks. I switched to Danner Strikers and they've been awesome. I suspect they will last much longer than the 5.11's.

Feedback Score
    I wore out a pair of ATAC's in about 5 months, but they lasted for about 8 till the seams blew out.

Replaced em with a pair of Converse soft toe side zips This pair from this company and so far they are excellent boots, but I've only worne em 3 or 4 13+ hour shifts on the ambulance.

I hate Hi Tech boots, they were POS when I was AD and even though they were cheap in the BX, they did not hold up to any serious use.

Feedback Score
    No experience with the Blackhawk boots. 5.11's HRT boots are by far the best and most comfortable I have worn on the job. They are fairly warm during inclement weather, and somewhat waterproof. Soft quiet soles and they dont have to be spit shined. Givem a try.

Feedback Score
    I ended ip buying the blackhawks and I love em. I will definately buy another pair. Ive had them 3 months and not a single problem yet. For all of Sept and half of Oct I wore them 20 hours a day and pounded the shit out of em (walking about 6 miles a day) I had to change the insoles about half way through that time.

Feedback Score
    I've had the Blackhawk desert op boots for about 8-9 months, and use them several times a month. On mine, the rubber/sole portion that goes up and over the toe (the 'bumper', as it were) is separating from the boot. Time to call BPG.
    TimW
    Phoenix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123