Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Gear

A fortified location near Fort Campbell, KY
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure who the primary vendor is for the Marine Corps boot; I think it's Belleville, but that may not be close to right. I know several Marines who went with this one as an authorized replacement:
    http://www.danner.com/product/id/102140.do

Do we have any Marines who have the poop on who the issue boot is from?
    Its all fun and games till somebody loses an eye. Then its fun and games you can't see.-James Hetfield

Expertise is nothing more than the basics done correctly.-Holy Roller

ATS Tactical Gear, LLC

Feedback Score
    I ended up buying the blackhawk boot and Im satisfied so far ive got about two weeks in the boot and ive had no craftsmanshi[p issues thus far. I have a pretty crazy schedule coming up we have this fair that runs almost the whole month of september and im working double shifts for the entire fair so that should be a good test on the boots.

Feedback Score
    Lots of people swear by Danner.

Feedback Score
    My old man jsut picked up a pair of Danner and he says they are the most comfortable boot he has ever had. Im prob gona get a psir of Danner's for the winter.

Feedback Score
    danners are excellent also - they just run narrow . take that into account if you order them - order them wider than you would a regular shoe or boot .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    I'm not sure who the primary vendor is for the Marine Corps boot; I think it's Belleville, but that may not be close to right. I know several Marines who went with this one as an authorized replacement:
    http://www.danner.com/product/id/102140.do

Do we have any Marines who have the poop on who the issue boot is from?
    Not a Marine, but I do have 3 pairs of issued Bellevilles. They are great boots and don't require very much break in time. I have spent quite a few 18-24 hour days on my feet in them in relative comfort, plus they take a pretty good beating.
    Here's the ones I have (all in steel toe):

Mickey

AEC (AW)
    U.S. Navy

Feedback Score
    Ive been wearing Converse 8'' Side Zip Tactical Boots for the last 6-8 months. I don't know how they sound when wet on tile, but they seem to be holding up pretty good for working out side all day. plus they are about half the price of the Blackhawks.

Feedback Score
    I have a closet full of boots and probably wore out twice that amount. Seems like they were handing a new and different pair in the Military every day. After I retired in 2004 every company or contract did the same thing.
    For comfort, absolutly nothing comes close to the Oakly Boots. Get the LEO or Mil discount unless you want to pay over $200. I would pay $300 if I had to. Last I checked the Mil LE discount would drop the price to under $100. Only draw back is they only last a year. But something that comfortable isn't going to last to long. A year is a long time to me. Talking a year of hard use.
    The Battes desert boots are comfortable enough but have also lasted me close to two years. I would put comfort before longevity when it comes to feet. If I had to buy boots and couldn't get the Mil, LE discount. I would pay the money for oaklys. Feet are like breaks on your car. You buy the best.

Feedback Score
    The Belleville 390 DES (the lightweight desert boot) is probably the best issue boot I've ever worn in my 23 years of service. It holds up very well to abuse (much more so than the old-school desert boots) and is Nike-comfortable.

The Army issues this boot as part of RFI, and the USMC issues a slightly different model (with OD-colored leather and a steel toe). Not to mention the branded EGA on the heel.

LEOs/military can buy from the government-only website (http://www.lawboot.com). Small discount over their regular site.

Having said all of this, it's not as strong as other boots in ankle support. Oakley's get the nod in that area. Or possible the Gore-Tex lined Belleville 790's as an alternate.

Feedback Score
    Danner is recommended here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast