Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After Action Report Vickers AK Class 4-5 Aug 07

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

After Action Report Vickers AK Class 4-5 Aug 07

OK guys, I'm still loading up pictures, and I'll start posting them as I can.

Overall, the class was a great success. I think people learned alot about how to run an AK, what works, what doesn't, and hopefully they took something away that they can practice themselves.

"Speed is fine, accuracy is final." -- L.A. Vickers.

I think that the guys who had never really run an AK learned alot about the capabilities of the system, and some of the guys who have run AK's for a while learned more about their rifles and how to run one effectively.

It was great putting faces to names.

I'm glad we all survived the heat and humidity of a Southern VA August..... I don't think I saw anyone leave the line to take a latrine break that first day.......

My own observations....CamelBacks/Hydrastorms are lifesavers, a good pair of gloves are more than worth their weight in gold, and above all, a good attitude and willingness to learn.

Trying to unlearn bad habits and training is the hardest thing for everyone.

Eotechs, while decent sights on an AR, aren't optimal at all for an AK, they sit way too high, which throws off the point of aim/point of impact.

AK's can be run very effectively bone stock, but better safeties, better sights, and a better optics mounting platform would all be welcome.

Anyway, just some random thoughts.....I'll start posting pictures asap.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6730
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Surprised to hear that about the EOTechs....more details are certainly welcome if you have any!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Basically, the Eotech sits too high, creating issues with poa vs. poi. I don't remember anyone in our first class that had an Eotech, they were all Aimpoints or Irondots....

Still working on pics, but here's a video of a modified El Presidente done right.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Day One:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Day Two:

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It would appear that DP ditched the SLR-106FR for a milled 7.62! The times they are a-changin!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Basically, the Eotech sits too high, creating issues with poa vs. poi. I don't remember anyone in our first class that had an Eotech, they were all Aimpoints or Irondots....

Still working on pics, but here's a video of a modified El Presidente done right.

I had an EoTech mounted on a surefire. It was too high. I am putting it on an AR and replacing it with an Aimpoint.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast