Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyguns View Post
    It ****ed the rest of the class off for me, honestly. ....
    ND as in you shot the target out of turn? Or ND as you were holstering the gun and pulled the trigger?

I'm sure LAV made it a good teaching point.

He's said at least 10 times I've heard, that there are the two camps as mentioned: Those that have had them, and those that will.

Maybe we could all learn something, if you care to share.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Go Hells Bells!

I'm glad someone got some pics. I brought my camera but never got it out. I was too worried about staying squared away to mess with it.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    ND as in you shot the target out of turn? Or ND as you were holstering the gun and pulled the trigger?

I'm sure LAV made it a good teaching point.

He's said at least 10 times I've heard, that there are the two camps as mentioned: Those that have had them, and those that will.

Do believe it was when they were doing dry runs on shooting on the move.

I would suggest that people using plugs or non-electric muffs position thmselves near the center of the firing line in classes like this. This greatlyhelps limit the chances of this type of thing from occuring

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ND as in you shot the target out of turn? I'm sure LAV made it a good teaching point.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Do believe it was when they were doing dry runs on shooting on the move.

I would suggest that people using plugs or non-electric muffs position thmselves near the center of the firing line in classes like this. This greatlyhelps limit the chances of this type of thing from occuring
    I couldn't hear a damn thing being on that end and I made a mistake. No excuses about it, I ****ed up.
    NCpatrolAr is correct and that is some good advice. I’m not sure who shot when holstering that was not in our class. As far as Lav making it a training tool, ah... not so much. He made it very apparent it was a dry run, but I already knew I was wrong when I was the only one shooting. There is not much else to say.

V/r
    Uglyguns

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    There is not much else to say.
    Sounds like you're beating yourself up over a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things. If anyone else was beating you up about it, karma will get them in the end.

That being said, we don't need to discuss it further, I was just curious since it sounded like you shot your targets due to a mis-communication, and didn't blast the dirt while finger ****ing your gun. While not an ideal event, the fact that you didn't have a repeat performance means you learned the self-taught lesson you needed.

Clear that shit from your head, and enjoy. I'm sure you, like me, have a ton of stuff to continue practicing.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Sounds like you're beating yourself up over a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things. If anyone else was beating you up about it, karma will get them in the end.

Clear that shit from your head, and enjoy. I'm sure you, like me, have a ton of stuff to continue practicing.
    Good advice. You had your weapon pointed in the right direction, which is what matters most. It really was as much a miscommunication as an ND. Of course, you have to know that you're going to take your lumps for it, but it's all in good fun, and I wouldn't worry too much about it either.

If there's one criticism I have of the class, it's that stuff like range commands and whatnot wasn't really discussed. It was a basic class, and even if most were relatively experienced with their firearms, if you hadn't been in a class before, you wouldn't know what to listen for and would have to pick it up on the fly. Also, it would have been good if the instructors had anticipated the problem and told people without electronic ear pro to move to the center of the line, because surely that is a situation that has occurred somewhere previously. It was a big class (22 or so) and Larry stayed around the middle of the line. With LAV's intimidation factor on high to a bunch of newbs, it's kind of hard to turn around and tell him to sound off like he had a pair.

Minor issues though, and overall the class went really well. The adjunct instructors really picked it up and answered questions when asked and stuck with people who needed help grasping some of the concepts. I'm still pretty stoked from the whole weekend and am itching to get to the range and work on some of the stuff I learned.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast