Thread: Anyone here use gear in UCP/ACU?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Anyone here use gear in UCP/ACU?

I've heard a lot of negative view on the Army's Universal Cammo Pattern as seen on the ACU and field gear, but after buying some examples from SDS, it doesn't look too bad to me, and actually seems like it would work better than other stuff here in California. Do any of you guys use UCP gear off-duty, or do you prefer other colors: OD, Coyote, Woodland etc.?

Feedback Score
    I have to use the UCP &/or foliage gear for the "side" job.

Otherwise, my LE gear that doesn't have to be black is khaki or RG. Either works with my employer's uniform colors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I've heard a lot of negative view on the Army's Universal Cammo Pattern as seen on the ACU and field gear, but after buying some examples from SDS, it doesn't look too bad to me, and actually seems like it would work better than other stuff here in California. Do any of you guys use UCP gear off-duty, or do you prefer other colors: OD, Coyote, Woodland etc.?
    I hate UCP and I have to wear it. Thankfully OD, CB, and DCU are still authorized by our CSM and no one knows the difference between OD and RG. I will say one thing for UCP over Woodland, it's a pain in the ass to see at night, even with NVGs...no more look for the dark silhouette in the NODs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wear it so I look like everyone else in theater and don't make myself a target. Otherwise I hate it and think it was one of the worst decisions the Army has ever made.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have one thing in UCP that I got as a Lark to check it out.... Once I checked it out.. that was enough for me.. OD or MultiCam for this cat...

That "Minty Green gayness" makes the Beret seem almost alright...