Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Cheap Ammo

Feedback Score

Good Cheap Ammo

Hey I have been looking into a better type of ammo then that Winchester that they sell at Walmart. ( I know shame on me...). Now what is a reliable, cheap ammo that I can buy for my 1911.
    -Evil Nadman

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Reloading is always a good alternative.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    This works in my guns and is reasonably accurate:

http://www.tacticalammunition.com/main.sc
    In God we trust...All others we investigate!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You may look for a reloader in your area. I get 250 of ball ammo of $75 out the door. $85 for HP.

Feedback Score
    Reloading is my first choice. Otherwise just shop around. Stay away from Wolf, (Just personal Bias)
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. Mark Twain

Nemo me impune lacesset

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I started reloading just to feed my 1911 and then moved on to other calibers. 45 ACP is the ideal cartridge to start on IMO. The savings are huge and there's a decent amount of room for error compared to say .223

If you don't want to reload I sometimes buy factory reloads from an outfit called BVAC. I'm getting 1000 9mm for $169 where I live.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/FI45A.aspx
    Fiocchi 230gr FMJ @ $14.99 per 50 ($299 per 1k)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You may look for a reloader in your area. I get 250 of ball ammo of $75 out the door. $85 for HP.
    The range round here had MagTech for 17.88 a box. That's about $20 more than reloads for the same amount of ammo.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I'll cast another vote for BVAC. I have used it in 9MM & 45acp before purchasing a Dillon 650. It was my go to ammo for class's and never let me down. Accuracy was quite good as was overall consistency.
    "S/F"

"Every man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H.L Mencken

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I started reloading just to feed my 1911 and then moved on to other calibers. 45 ACP is the ideal cartridge to start on IMO. The savings are huge and there's a decent amount of room for error compared to say .223

If you don't want to reload I sometimes buy factory reloads from an outfit called BVAC. I'm getting 1000 9mm for $169 where I live.
    about how much do you save per box by reloading the 45 ACP?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast