Thread: Android or Iphone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Android or Iphone

I'm trying to decide which way to go. I want good ballistics software. I know Knights makes an app for Iphone. Does anyone have any tips for the Android app that is comparable or better to the Knights app? Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryw123 View Post
    I'm trying to decide which way to go. I want good ballistics software. I know Knights makes an app for Iphone. Does anyone have any tips for the Android app that is comparable or better to the Knights app? Thanks
    I use iSnipe for iPhone on my iPad. Great database of factory loads and you can work up and store your own. The also have an app for bench resters called ShotPlot. I also use the iPhone app Shot Timer. That's free and works great as a...well...shot timer. IMHO, the decision is going to be the quality of AT&T as a service provider in your area (or if you dont want to wait for Verizon to roll out the iPhone in January) because IMHO there's little question that the iPhone is the more competent app device and non-phone performer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is an app for android called shooter that is a ballistics calculator and has a ballistics library, you can save ammo and fire arm profiles and back all of your profiles up online. Also shows trajectory and windage graphs and auto atmosphere using gps location and alot more options.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryw123 View Post
    I can say as an owner/user of KAC's BulletFlight Military Version, it is aces. I love it.

As a more direct answer to your query about a similar android app; Have you tried http://sean.kndy.net/shooter/?

*edit* Militant83 beat me to it.
    Last edited by aspiderfreak; 11-24-10 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aspiderfreak, I haven't tried either. I need a new phone I am trying to see if I should wait for verizon to come out with the Iphone or just go with a droid. I just want a good ballistics app for it. I have heard Knights is great. I was wondering if anyone has used Knights app and the shooter app. Pros and cons for each. Thanks again!