Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multicam jackets.

Feedback Score

Multicam jackets.

Does anyone make a decent mid-weight (about like a M-65 weight wise) jacket in multicam?
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know, but have you considered an uninsulated waterproof/breathable shell in that pattern and layered insulation? That system would be more versatile.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    drop zone tactical's recce smock is probably the closest to an M-65-style jacket in MC. very similar in weight and feel.

Feedback Score
    the RECCE smock is a better design IMO to the 65 series field jacket.
    DZT's design, and pocket layout are far and ahead of that '65 design
    that is really does not bear comparison. I have one in Khaki and due to its style, versatility and its functionality, I would not go back to field jacket.

Feedback Score
    Oh, I agree. DZT's Recce Smock looks MUCH better than a M-65. I dont want another M-65, I was just looking for something about the same "weight" as far as warmth. DZT is definitely one option that I was already aware of. Any others to consider? And yes, a laying approach is also in my thoughts.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    One of the Recce Smocks recently arrived here. The construction on it seems very solid and well done. I'll have to wait for a few seasonal wx changes before I can add anything else.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    weight and general 'feel' is the only thing that compares - i completely agree that the DZ recce smock FAR surpasses the M65 in every other way.

here's a pic of the recce smock to help you along with your decision...

Feedback Score
    You do know your evil, dont you....
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    you talking to moi?

Feedback Score
    I dont have the DZT coat, I have the SAG SAS smock. I like it with the following exceptions:

its really only good for cold, but dry areas. I spent 3 days in the Adirondaks last January. I wore the smock over a USMC Peckam Fleece and kept warm, and my body was dry, But when it started the rain/snow mix the the coat soaked up so much water that it seemed to double the weight of the gear I was carrying. Thus the Smock has become a coat to wear to the mall and not much else.

I would go with the MC hardshell that is in production. Its like 500 bucks, but if you just have to have a MC jacket, and are going to be in wet enviroments, that is the way to go.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast