Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VLTOR MUR/LT 12.0 Custom

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox
    What did it take to make the anti-spin plate fit?
    I had to remove about 50-60% material from one side and about 10-15% on the other side. I then KG coated it.

C4

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

By the way, do you know if LaRue plans to make a MUR version?

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

He stated in a thread on Arcom that he is working on one that will look like a normal upper. He also referred to his earlier billet upper that failed to sell due to what he called "cosmetic" issues.

The LT site contains some info on the original design, which has some 'issues' that IMO are more than cosmetic.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile
    He stated in a thread on Arcom that he is working on one that will look like a normal upper. He also referred to his earlier billet upper that failed to sell due to what he called "cosmetic" issues.

The LT site contains some info on the original design, which has some 'issues' that IMO are more than cosmetic.
    I think Nitrox was asking if LaRue planned on releasing a anti-spin plate that was compatible with the MUR.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's a good question. It will be interesting to see what strategy they choose. On the one hand, they could leave the design unchanged in a an attempt to steer Larue loyals to their upcoming "mystery design" billet upper. Or, they could loose out on rail sales by keeping the design as is. I think most qualified smiths like Grant will just work around it if the customer wants a Larue rail on an MUR.

Personally, I think they are making a mistake by not releasing any info on their design. The demo above is nasty, though. Vltor will probably jump out to a big lead since they have gotten to market first. Of course, next month every new custom build thread will be full of Larue billet upper builds and the MUR will be old news. Oh well, I still can't wait to get mine. I think they're damn sexy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169
    Vltor will probably jump out to a big lead since they have gotten to market first. Of course, next month every new custom build thread will be full of Larue billet upper builds and the MUR will be old news.
    Pretty much everybody beat him to market on free float tubes, scope mounts and BUISs but that doesn't seem to be hurting his sales very much. I've got two builds I'm holding off on until I see what he comes out with.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks.

LT is making a Billet upper receiver AND an Mono rail system. I would doubt that LT is going to make their "keeper" compatible with another companies billet reciever (we shall see).

C4

Feedback Score
    My Money is with VLTOR, great people, and super service !

MY next three uppers will be:
    2 MUR's with Noveske bbl (with Troy MRF-R's) and EOTech 553's
    1 VIS with Noveske bbl's (with S&B Short Dot)
    Troy Sights (front and Rear)
    New VLTOR Gas Block
    All Ready for GEMTECH halo cans
    All with TangoDown Panels / Bi-Pods / Forward Pistol Grips

and a bag of chips !
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile
    Pretty much everybody beat him to market on free float tubes, scope mounts and BUISs but that doesn't seem to be hurting his sales very much. I've got two builds I'm holding off on until I see what he comes out with.
    Very true. No offense to Larue intended. There's no doubt that the quality of thier products have given them a command presence in the market. I think alot of folks are waiting to see what larue comes up with. I'm honestly just surprised that they haven't tried to get some press on the new upper & mono designs to help persuade buyers who might be on the fence between buying now or later. I'm sure that whatever they come out with will be a nice piece.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Grant, more pictures please! Esp. the "other" you're working on. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast