Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best compensator for a precision .308?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lj_1187 View Post
    I just ordered an 18" SS 5r barrel from LMT for my MWS. What comp would you recommend for a setup like this? I want to get back on target as quickly as possible without sacrificing any accuracy.

I dont want a massive JP recoil reduction comp. I have a BABC on my 16" CL barrel and love it to death, but since this is for a precision application, and not CQB (like the Battle Comps were made for), I am unsure about getting another one. I guess a side question would be does anyone use a BABC for precision use out to around 600 yards? How does it hold up?
    If you just want a compensator I would go for the Titan muzzle brake designed by Eric Lund. It works awesome on the 5.56 weapons I have. Muzzle stays flat.
    http://stores.sjcguns.com/Detail.bok?no=52

They make a .308 version as well.
    Pat
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    I just replaced the Surefire Break with a BABC on my 18" OBR. Went to the range yesterday with it the BABC it is g2g. Kept the barrel on target better than the Surefire IMO during rapid fire.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lj_1187 View Post
    Supressor is out of the question for me. If anyone has shot a BABC out to 600 yards with no difference in accuracy I will just pick another one of them up. I emailed Nick at Battle Comp and they said they heard customers say only out to 200 yards with no loss in accuracy.
    I do not have access to a 600 yd range where I am. I did shoot out to 200 yds with the BABC and did not notice an accuracy loss. The group got tighter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12