Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitten by the HK P30L bug

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Bitten by the HK P30L bug

I own a USP40 and have owned a couple USP9, P2000, and VP9. So I’m not new to HK, just to the P30.

I ordered a P30L in V1 light LEM and got a good deal at a little over $600. I need night sights preferably tall. The factory VP9 supressor height night sights fit and look like the best option but I’m looking at other opinions too.

I may get it milled and I’m looking for recommendations. I know there have been posts here about milling but I’m wanting up to date options. I’m not looking to spend Langdon money but don’t want cheap quality either.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You'll need the comp from John Wick now. I went down this rabbit hole in a similar way, just paying it forward.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Bitten by the HK P30L bug

Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    You'll need the comp from John Wick now. I went down this rabbit hole in a similar way, just paying it forward.

I’ve always thought that thing is a little over the top. I don’t know, maybe if I get bored with it.

How much of a difference does it make?
    Last edited by Waylander; 12-02-23 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh it's ridiculous for sure, just a cool rabbit hole of firearm pop culture to go down. Adds inches and weight at the muzzle but is mostly a fun range accessory, a blast chamber rather than a real comp. Accentuates the blast so somewhat louder but muzzle flip without wasn't an issue so with seems about the same.

The P30L in the config you bought, which I have is just plain amazing and a more modern interoperation of the USP I loved when it came out (although it was a brick).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My first HK was a USP9 but I was dumb and had to have the new hotness P2000 in .40. I got rid of that one and ended up with the USP40 which is kind of a paper weight right now. Then I got a VP9 but never warmed up to it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a P30L but mine is in DASA. I sent a P30 L LEM to Langdon but there are cheaper options. I consider the P30 handguns to be the ultimate in reliability and their mags are a big part of that equation. I think the P30's take training to shoot as well as the VP9's, but they are the top of the chart in many other respects.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yeah the USP, P2000, HK45 and P30 seem bomb proof. Plus I’m in a mood for a hammer fired gun over a striker. I already expected it to take more training but I’m fine with that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I’ve always thought that thing is a little over the top. I don’t know, maybe if I get bored with it.
    Who makes that thing?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a USP 9 and a P-30 9mm. The USP gets primary duty as the "short" in my 2 gun set up. The P-30 is back in the factory case waiting to be sold. Nothing wrong with the P-30, I just like the USP better.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Who makes that thing?
    HK parts I think. I have a hard core HK shooter that does matches each week with HK’S. Said he was going to do one. Sumpin for everybody.
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast