Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bushmaster Acceptance Inspection (8/07)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    2. F-Marked Front Sight Base. Why not have the same standard height for all the front sight bases this way you don't have to buy a a taller front sight post if you use a BUIS. Absolutely retarded.
    If you used an "F" height FSB on every barrel, you would need special "shorter" front sight posts for A1 and A2 receivers.

The only "right" way to do it is to use "F" front sight bases on barrels to be used on flattop receivers and "A2" front sight bases for the ones with fixed carry handles.

That would require having two seperate part numbers for every barrel.
    Logistical nightmare in a manufacturing environment for sure.

That's why they don't do it.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    More than likely it isn't a real F height FSB.
    Don't forget that LMT front sight bases are ALL "F" height, but are NOT "F" stamped to annotate this.

Colt stamps theirs because they produce both "A2" height (un-marked) AND "F" height (marked as such) front sight bases.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    If you used an "F" height FSB on every barrel, you would need special "shorter" front sight posts for A1 and A2 receivers.

The only "right" way to do it is to use "F" front sight bases on barrels to be used on flattop receivers and "A2" front sight bases for the ones with fixed carry handles.

That would require having two seperate part numbers for every barrel.
    Logistical nightmare in a manufacturing environment for sure.

That's why they don't do it.

I guess that makes sense. Then just get rid of the A2 uppers

Feedback Score
    I have no doubt that its not the proper height when I ordered my A.R.M.s #40 Bushmaster suggested that I get another front post this is what it says on the web site
    Due to aperture height, you should order the .040 higher front sight for compatibility

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are most Fight Sights on M4s standard hight . Do they differ between companies and models? Do flat tops come with "F" or "A2" fight sight.?
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just checked my m4 upper FS against my A2 upper FS and they measure out the same height from barrel to top of the sights. Would the detachable carry handle have the correct height rear sight?
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    From Skintop on an earlier page.
    T&E rifles are a crapshoot. Depending on who you are and the vendor you're dealing with, you may get a cherry-picked sample, a pull from standard production, or the beater that just got back from somewhere else. Caveat emptor.

One of the more interesting ones I got was a nicely done carbine from a lower end producer. Nice, right down to the Colt bolt.

Please, write up what they send you and post it here in a new thread.
    Today was the first day back in the office after spending a week on the range. When I opened the armory this morning I found that the two T&E BM's had been delivered from the factory. I opened both rifles and inspected both.

My inspection found a lot of what has been already posted by Skintop. Castle nuts not staked, among other things. However, the gas key bolts on the bolt carrier that Skintop displays appear to be staked better than the ones in the rifles that I received.

I would post pictures, however at the moment I do not think it would be appropriate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    I would post pictures, however at the moment I do not think it would be appropriate.
    10-4, your eval, your rules. Post what you can, when you can.

Knock if I can be of assistance.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678