Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need barrel help

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

need barrel help

need some help finding a good barrel. no shorter than 18 inches, preferably 20-22'', 1-8 twist. all input appreciated.

Feedback Score
    For what kind of weapon...?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    oh duh sorry for not specifying. this is for a dedicated precision long range setup.

Feedback Score
    Look into Krieger.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    thank you very much for the suggestion. i took a look at their barrels, and didnt even understand what i was looking at. i have tons to learn. would i be able to call them and tell them exactly what i want, and get a price then? i would like a 26 inch barrel in 1/8 twist for your standard .223/5.56. i dont understand this .223 wylde and all that other stuff.

Feedback Score
    chamber types....

.223 : means exactly that. Don't EVEN think about firing 5.56 brassed cartridges through a barrel chambered for .223!

.223 Wylde: Splits the difference between 5.56 and .223 chamber dimensions so that you can safely fire higher pressure loads.

5.56 : Is what it is , heh. You can fire .223 cartridges through these as well as 5.56 military pressure loads.... BUT, depending on who made the barrel you may, or may not, experience case bulge or popped primers due to excessive, for that cartridge, chamber pressures.

This is a layman's explanation not a technical one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ahhh ok thank you very much for clearing up the wylde explination i had no idea it was called that nor did i know they made an inbetween. i wish my mini 14 had a wylde barrel

Feedback Score
    Got stuck with a stainless Mini-14 as my first patrol carbine. HATED that thing!

Was sooooo glad when the PD I was working for switched to Colts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hammer_Man View Post
    Got stuck with a stainless Mini-14 as my first patrol carbine. HATED that thing!

Was sooooo glad when the PD I was working for switched to Colts.
    yea im startin to not like mine either. cant put a scope on it, its im more accurate with my snub nose colt cobra at 25 yds, and its so high maintanence.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would strongly recommend looking at the 1in8" twist SS410 barrels from Bravo Company. My is a certifiable tack driver.

Cameron
    Last edited by Cameron; 11-29-10 at 21:02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast