Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about long term durability

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Holy necropost.

All our Glocks that're older than this thread are still going strong.

Oldest (2nd gen G17) will be 33 this coming February.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its rather obvious that a stainless steel pistol will survive the ages better than a polymer pistol. At the same time, the Gen 1/Gen 2 Glocks are still going strong, including my 2-pin G19.

I think its reasonable to expect a quality polymer pistol to either last the shooter's lifetime or provide enough service that the shooter shouldn't gripe about replacing it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Its rather obvious that a stainless steel pistol will survive the ages better than a polymer pistol. At the same time, the Gen 1/Gen 2 Glocks are still going strong, including my 2-pin G19.

I think its reasonable to expect a quality polymer pistol to either last the shooter's lifetime or provide enough service that the shooter shouldn't gripe about replacing it.

Andy
    How would aluminum or steel frame pistol outlast polymer and you say it’s pretty obvious? I was thinking the exact opposite. I can leave my Glock 17 outside for months and it will still work when I retrieve it. I can’t think of a single metal frame gun I can do the same with in southern Louisiana that wouldn’t be ruined when I retrieve it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123