Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do i have too much S**t on my rifle?/rant(Updated with new pics)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Do i have too much S**t on my rifle?/rant(Updated with new pics)

So i just put the finale part on my rifle and brought it down where i work (very firearm friendly place) I would bring it down to show him every time i did something to the rifle to show him the progress. Hes a firearms nut also but knows nothing about firearms in general, simple maintenance, history behind them etc. As for me im the complete opposite. I do all the work on my rifle myself you name it i can probley do it. But any way so he looks at my rifle and says im a nut in a dead serious voice. I look at him kind of Pissed and say what do you mean. He says i have too much s**t on my rifle and it looks like the rifles you see in the ar magizines. And just kept poking at me all damn day asking me when WWIII is going to start and whos on the hit list. So know im known as the crazy marine survivalist at work. All i am is just open minded to what can happen in the world, no bunkers or any thing like that. So heres my rifle what the hell do you guys think of the my rifle set up too much??? i tried to keep it simple or so i thought any way. And i know your going to say who gives a shit what he says or thinks but it started to get me thinking did i really go over board SMITH&WESSON MP-15, MAGPUL CTR STOCK, MAGPUL MBUS, MAGPUL MIAD GRIP WITH 3 ROUND PLUG, MAGPUL TRIGGER GUARD, MIDWEST INDSTURIES EXTENDED RAIL SYSTEM, KAC RAIL COVERS CUSTOM STIPPLE JOB DONE MY ME,GRIP POD STIPPLE JOB ALSO, YANKEE HILL MACHINE COMPANY COMP, SUREFIRE M951. I respect every ones opinion above all else on this site and i just wanted to say thanks to every one beleive it or not this site has helped me through alot of hard times since my mom's passing in june so thanks every one.
    Last edited by devildogljb; 12-09-10 at 21:27. Reason: Updated
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    No you need an RDS and move that light to a better spot.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The short answer to your question is NO. I can think of a few things you are missing. I can't imagine what your friend would say if you had a red dot and sling on your rifle.

O

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    also just wanted to state the only reason i went with the surefire m951 is because i have the extended rail system and it wouldnt screw with my regular hand postion if i took off the grip pod plus getting it for free helped a little too lol. So far to date ive put about 1000 rounds down range through this configuration with out the surefire but put about 100 rounds down range on thanksgiving with it on and every thing works for me very well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    No you need an RDS and move that light to a better spot.
    where would you move the light too? and as of right now i want to get a eotech but i dont have the funds for it right now but its in the future.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oef24 View Post
    The short answer to your question is NO. I can think of a few things you are missing. I can't imagine what your friend would say if you had a red dot and sling on your rifle.

O
    sorry i forgot to mention, but i am running a single point sling on it on through a vltor sling adaptor
    Last edited by devildogljb; 11-30-10 at 00:41.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogljb View Post
    where would you move the light too? and as of right now i want to get a eotech but i dont have the funds for it right now but its in the future.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ok thanks i appericate the help

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogljb View Post
    ok thanks i appericate the help
    The SR07 switch allows light activation from either side.

Also get rid of that KAC rail on top. A ladder rail does the same job but allows better air flow over the barrel.

I made the same mistakes before.....

Like 3 years ago:

Last edited by Belmont31R; 11-30-10 at 00:55.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    The SR07 switch allows light activation from either side.

Also get rid of that KAC rail on top. A ladder rail does the same job but allows better air flow over the barrel.

I made the same mistakes before.....

Like 3 years ago:
    lol well once i get the money for a ladder rail ill get one but i guess it will do for now lol

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast