Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training course in a ban state: weapon mods?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If coming from Nevada for pistol training are you required to have 10 round magazines? I'm going to be signing up with USTC in San Diego and want to know if I can take my class with full capacity magazines.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    If coming from Nevada for pistol training are you required to have 10 round magazines? I'm going to be signing up with USTC in San Diego and want to know if I can take my class with full capacity magazines.
    No magazines with a capacity >10 rounds...I had to borrow 10 round mags from a member here for a LAV class in LA.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    CA law [PC 12020(a)(2)] prohibits the importation of large capacity magazines, there is no training/competition exemption to this law. If you are a LEO, you are exempt.

CA law [PC 12280(m)] allows the importation of "assault weapons" for use in a nationally or state recognized competition. This exemption does not apply to training.

PC 12280
    (m) Subdivisions (a), and (b), and (c) shall not apply to the possession and importation of an assault weapon or a .50 BMG rifle into this state by a nonresident if all of the following conditions are met:
    (1) The person is attending or going directly to or coming directly from an organized competitive match or league competition that involves the use of an assault weapon or a .50 BMG rifle.
    (2) The competition or match is conducted on the premises of one of the following:
    (A) A target range that holds a regulatory or business license for the purpose of practicing shooting at that target range.
    (B) A target range of a public or private club or organization that is organized for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets.
    (3) The match or competition is sponsored by, conducted under the auspices of, or approved by, a law enforcement agency or a nationally or state recognized entity that fosters proficiency in, or promotes education about, firearms.
    (4) The assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle is transported in accordance with Section 12026.1 or 12026.2.
    (5) The person is 18 years of age or over and is not in a class of persons prohibited from possessing firearms by virtue of Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.

PC 12020
    (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
    (2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.
    (c)(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
    (A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
    (B) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
    (C) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123