Page 244 of 256 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Watches

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I want a ranger dial in a sub so bad
    Buddy my eyes suck so bad the day/date combination are useless now. When I saw the Ranger the other day I immediately liked it.

A Ranger dial on a Tudor Heritage Black Bay would be more affordable! I'm not sure if it matters. The Black Bay and Ranger both have 41mm cases vs the Sub's 40mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 05-11-19 at 22:10.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    What watches do you long for, but would not spend the asking price on?

Damn I want a Fifty Fathoms.

I would probably bite the bullet and drop 5k on one.
    An unreasonable amount to spend on a watch.
    But something about the actual price is something I refuse to consider.

Probably the only watch I would buy a replica of, just to see if the size, shape, look were something I would spend that on.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Probably the only watch I would buy a replica of, just to see if the size, shape, look were something I would spend that on.

Where are you finding one for $5K? Used? MSRP is 11K on one. That’s actually the perfect example of what your asking. If you do plan to buy one; plan to keep it. Depreciation is about 30% right off to start. So finding a used one in great shape may help. Homages are fine, but please don’t buy fakes...
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 05-12-19 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Thank you. I pulled this Moose Stap NATO off my 009.

And damnit I like the Ranger. I'm going to look for one used.

Awesome combo! As for the Ranger; it’s a nice piece. I prefer the BB Steel 41mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Where are you finding one for $5K? Used? MSRP is 11K on one. That’s actually the perfect example of what your asking. If you do plan to buy one; plan to keep it. Depreciation is about 30% right off to start. So finding a used one in great shape may help. Homages are fine, but please don’t buy fakes...
    My point was I would pay 5k for one in a heartbeat, while in my mind I thought they were like 13k or so.
    And at 13k or so, that is expensive enough I would actually want a test drive one-which is not an option, or try a replica to make totally sure I wanted to spend over 10k on one.

I bought a sub (5 digit) about twenty years ago, but always wished it was a touch bigger. My Glycine Combat 48 is my favorite dial,diameter to height size, but the Lume sucks. my B42 Fortis marine master is a touch to much diameter and not comfortable. My JSAR is way taller than I like. I love my vintage SM300 but also a touch small.

Basically, a few hundred bucks i will spend in a heartbeat, and can even tolerate dropping a grand on a watch I end up not liking or being perfect. I will even spend more on a watch I really like and is comfortable even if I wish it was a little different.

Sometimes watches seem great, but after several hours or a few days not as great. Or you get sick of something about them like the bracelet or clasp or how the crown sits or works.

For over ten thousand bucks,
    I want to get that longer term feel.

I don’t even know where I would buy an exact fifty fathoms replica so it’s not really an option.
    If there was some option to rent one from a dealer for a week or two I would.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I planning to buys a watch this year to celebrate some milestones stones. Been wanting a dress watch for years and deciding between the IWC Portuguese Automatic White dial or the Glashütte Original Senator Observer White dial.

That said I came across this thing and have been fascinated. Maybe I can get two watches

"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What’s that, there on my wrist?

On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A Sea Dweller.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If I had the $ to justify it, a Rolex Yacht Master in rose gold. I had one in platinum and it was beautiful. Sold it toward a jaeger lecoultre diving chrono. No regrets there. Prices for a jaeger lecoultre diving chrono went up sharply shortly after that. The jaeger is on another level from the Rolex.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-23-19 at 14:18.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I planning to buys a watch this year to celebrate some milestones stones. Been wanting a dress watch for years and deciding between the IWC Portuguese Automatic White dial or the Glashütte Original Senator Observer White dial.

That said I came across this thing and have been fascinated. Maybe I can get two watches
    No contest at all, the Glashütte all day any day over IWC. Glashütte and jaeger lecoultre are best value for the $ in legit luxury watches.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 244 of 256 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast