Page 1 of 256 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Watches

There's an old thread in the "tactical gear" section regarding inexpensive watches, but I'm curious to hear if anyone is into "nicer" watches. Omega, Rolex, Breitling, etc. I've always wanted a nice watch, but I haven't worn a watch at all in years.

Feedback Score
    Yup. Just a wee bit into watches.

Feedback Score
    Rob,
    I've always been into watches. Recently, when I celebrated a landmark birthday, I told myself "I deserved to get a Rolex". Long story short. Bought it, felt guilty for paying so much for a watch. Decided I liked firearms more, sold it, bought a couple of guns and put the rest back in the bank. Feel much better now!
    I do plan on purchasing a more moderatly priced watch (under $1000.) sometime. This gun thing always has a way of sucking up any extra money though.
    Mark

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm thinking that for me the $1k price point would be about good enough to make me feel like I had something nice, but didn't get stupid shelling out for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've worn a Rolex Submariner for years and love it. It's been everywhere from 150 ft under water to the top of Kilimanjaro.

I by no means baby the watch and it looks pretty much new.

Worth every nickel.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    In the more reasonable price range of the "nicer" watch spectrum, take a look at Oris. You can get a really nice movement at a decent price. I have an F1 Chrono and it's one of my favorites. They use swiss automatic movements from ETA, finished in house by Oris. Not sure what exactly they do to the stock movement besides the red rotor and some polishing, but it looks pretty enough through the case window.

Watches are a funny thing... you have the super accurate, cheap, durable quartz movements that get the job done better than almost any automatic, but yet they just don't have the "personality" of a mechanical watch. Sort of a Glock/1911 thing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm thinking that for me the $1k price point would be about good enough to make me feel like I had something nice, but didn't get stupid shelling out for it.
    Alot of decent good watches out there for a grand, but not a real Rolex. Seiko makes a nice watch in many styles that will be good for what you like to do. You can get a good Seiko Diving watch for around 250.00 or so. I will be heading to Japan again later this year if your still interested i can pick you one up for a song.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How about the 5.11 H.R.T Tactical Sniper Watch

LOL

Feedback Score
    Rob, if you want a Swiss movement and rugged watch in the 1k and change range, take a look at Doxa. Their customer service is excellent and the most responsive I've seen in any industry.

http://www.doxawatches.com/ad_home.htm

Hell, they even have a yellow one in their collection!
    http://www.doxawatches.com/sub750_GMT.htm[IMG]

[/IMG]
    Last edited by Mike729; 08-10-07 at 09:16. Reason: Add pic

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I like watches, but the high end for me is a Suunto, my favorite is my Luminox. It keeps perfect time after 10 years and has been used and abused. I always seem to go back to wearing it after a few weeks or months with another watch. When it goes tits up I'll get another. It doesn't double as a heart rate monitor, astrological star alignment tool or fetch coffee for me, but it tells time very well and is low tech for a caveman like me.

Edit: I had a Citizen that the wife got me for Christmas, but it went back the day after New Years. I couldn't figure out how to set the time and didn't have the patience to read the 1100 page owner's manual I figured seven days was too long for me to mess with something like changing the time.

Page 1 of 256 1231151101 ... LastLast