Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Watches

There's an old thread in the "tactical gear" section regarding inexpensive watches, but I'm curious to hear if anyone is into "nicer" watches. Omega, Rolex, Breitling, etc. I've always wanted a nice watch, but I haven't worn a watch at all in years.

Feedback Score
    Yup. Just a wee bit into watches.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Yup. Just a wee bit into watches.
    Yep, between you and Jason D. a man could waste alot of good gun shop visiting time in "gucci watch shops" when travelling with the both of you. Well that and laughing at Jason D. buying two left boots at small world wally world.

S/F
    P.S. not a big watch guy myself, but will definitely take a Rolex Oyster if given to me. Until then I'll continue to roll with my Luminox. It has literally travelled around the world over the last ten years (twice to the kitty litter box, plus HOA and SEA). It has dove to 120ft and fallen out of a perfectly good aircraft at 14,000 feet while attached to my wrist. Only needed to change the battery once.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh, you sunzabitches.... Just what I needed. I thought I'd had that addiction kicked.

Now...either the Dirk Pitt Doxa or one of the Marathons.

****ers.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 Rolex's- two Submariners and a 2 tone GMT- all gifts going back to the first in 1968.
    I have worn a Zodiac Sea Wolf and a Seiko Dive watch, whatever the nomenclature was, in the day.
    But i have worn the Sub or GMT about everyday of my life with few exceptions, CONUS and OCONUS, as a cop, Marine and other. I've jumped with it, blew bubbles, got in gunfights, a/c mishaps and everything in between.
    At one address, it was almost mandatory to distinguish shooters from the pukes (although there were also a lot of other, more visual cues).
    I have no reason for anything else.
    I bought She Who Must Be Obeyed an Oyster, 2 tone, champagne dial, diamond bezel and whatever for her Birthday last year. A Very Smart Move on my part...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    I have 3 Rolex's- two Submariners and a 2 tone GMT- all gifts going back to the first in 1968.
    I have worn a Zodiac Sea Wolf and a Seiko Dive watch, whatever the nomenclature was, in the day.
    But i have worn the Sub or GMT about everyday of my life with few exceptions, CONUS and OCONUS, as a cop, Marine and other. I've jumped with it, blew bubbles, got in gunfights, a/c mishaps and everything in between.
    At one address, it was almost mandatory to distinguish shooters from the pukes (although there were also a lot of other, more visual cues).
    I have no reason for anything else.
    I bought She Who Must Be Obeyed an Oyster, 2 tone, champagne dial, diamond bezel and whatever for her Birthday last year. A Very Smart Move on my part...
    At the risk of inviting range mishaps...my Dad had one of those Zodiac Sea Wolf...were they issued anywhere? He never said where he got it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I like that name...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    I have 3 Rolex's- two Submariners...
    Mmmm. Submariner.

Someday. Today it's ammunition and education for off-spring.

Jeez, Pat. You should offer to do a mosaic pictorial ad for Rolex with that line.
    Last edited by Submariner; 08-23-07 at 08:04. Reason: Add comment.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been lusting for a Seamaster for a long time. Maybe I can save up for one if I ever quit buying guns.
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I saw my first Marathon in the wild a few days ago.

I had coffee with a college buddy I worked with 25 years ago. He was issued the watch while on deployment in Iraq after his watch was broken on duty.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 11-19-15 at 09:54.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I am looking for a watch with a pedometer. I don't want a fit-bit. It needs to be waterproof, none of them are and I don't want to be charging it all the time. I like the look of the Timex Metropolitan. Have any of you used one?

http://www.timex.com/watches/metropo...lnQaAuhC8P8HAQ

Any other recommendations? I looked at the Suunto watches and was quickly overwhelmed with the options.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast