Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a couple, IWC MKXV, Sinn EZM1, Sinn 856S, and a MKII seiko automatic. I want a Speedmaster racing Chrono.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My personal choice.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

My 15 y.o GMT Master and a 2 y.o. Seamaster.

Feedback Score
    Omega
    Panerai pre-Vendome Radiomir
    Snn 142 (Lemania 5100) black PVD
    Last edited by Kisara; 09-18-12 at 13:44. Reason: PhotoLinks no longer valid

Feedback Score
    Nice Sinn ... was all set to buy one, but I ended up getting something else.

Rob-
    For the dollar amount you mentioned, I'd recommend a Seiko dive watch. One of them was my first beyond a Timex watch in the late 80s. That watch lasted me several years, several bezels & crystals, etc.
    Next up from that, I'd look at the entry level Omegas - not the Bond versions (Ack-Phft!). IME: nice, stout, reliable, work & dress watch.
    Victornoix is starting to make in-roads into the higher end watch market but I have not yet seen a work/dress watch similar to the Omegas from them. Their dress watch is quite nice.

Erick

Feedback Score

Watches and firearms

I wear an Omega Seamaster with an automatic movement similar to those posted by Sam and Linea de Fuego. It might be a pre-Bond, since I think that it was assembled into a complete watch before the movie. (no Ack-Phft!)

It seems natural that folks intersted in the mechanical and/or aesthetic aspects of firearms would also be interested in other mechanical devices (financial considerations, notwithstanding).

Several years ago, Keith Brown, who is a firearms dealer and posts on 1911forum, told me that his brother owns a clock shop. Les Baer built and raced dragsters for decades. Rob is into cars, IIRC. When Tony Kanaly posted a photo of a pistol, it was often accompanied by a Rolex.

Or maybe it is idiosyncratic to 1911 owners.

Sam, BTW, one or both of your watches might not be keeping time!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sinn, that was the brand I was trying to remember. I love their watches.

I especially love the simplicity of the ones like these

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post

Sam, BTW, one or both of your watches might not be keeping time!
    The Omega is my now everyday watch, so its time is correct. I haven't worn the GMT in a couple of months so it was wound down. I had to fire it up again quickly for the photo, I didn't bother to really trying to sinc the time.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I wear a Omega Seamaster.

C4

Feedback Score
    I like Casio Pro-Trek, I'd love to wear a Rolex, Omega, and the like. But I'd rather spend on guns

Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast