Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AC-130J Ghostrider Gunship

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

AC-130J Ghostrider Gunship

Replaced the Spooky line of AC130s. Another bad ass CAS beast, but no gatling gun!? I can imagine it's warm fuzzy feeling to know what one of those is overhead when requested, but that buzz saw noise no longer being part of that makes me sad.

Last edited by WillBrink; 06-26-21 at 10:43.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, that was good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Badass video. It's kinda sad that the gatling gun is going away. But I believe that 30mm cannon is a similar gun that the Army was testing for the Bradley. One of my old buddies who worked in R&D said that 30mm gun is a beast. Im betting that 30mm gun is going to be able to keep in the fight long after the 25mm gatling gun runs out of ammo.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dude....

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Be interesting to see the effectiveness of lasers for covert ops. 2022? Supposed to be capable of toasting relatively small targets like satellite dishes and disabling vehicles. Effective range?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The original AC-47 Puff the Magic Dragon gunship.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuThvjefCTk
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    One of my squad leaders in Panama had PCS'd there from the 82nd Airborne. He was deployed for Operation Urgent Fury (Grenada). I'm sure some of you older bastages have heard the story about using an ATT phone card while under fire to get ahold of Bragg and request support? He was in that unit. Once the comms were straightened out and the request went through he said a Spectre flew over and put a single 105mm round into the building pinning them down and it was over. One shot....BOOM....no more fire.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Be interesting to see the effectiveness of lasers for covert ops. 2022? Supposed to be capable of toasting relatively small targets like satellite dishes and disabling vehicles. Effective range?
    Oh I'll bet there is another category of targets it will toast.....

Kind of like "back in the day" we were always told that a .50 BMG was for enemy "equipment". Of course that also applied to helmets, LBE, AK's, etc.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Accolades to the Air Force. The AC-130 is light years ahead of the AC-47, naval gun fire and ground based artillery support. The AC-130 is a hell of a lot more accurate and they can dump more bad news on Mr. I Hate America in a shorter period of time than the old school options.

Good job Air Force!
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast