Page 103 of 256 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Nice pic. They really did a nice job with that. Still, how a watch "wears" on a wrist is essential. Seen many a watch that looked great with various objects, and did not wear well on a wrist. Gone to the store many a time due to a pic, soon as I saw it on my wrist, no go.
    It wears well, specifically with the rubber strap. It comes with NATO's and leather straps, which I do not like.

Feedback Score
    Just got my first watch from the big white truck today. Never owned any half way decent watch other than a cheap timex I never really wore. I know there not the greatest brand but I figured it be a good first watch to wet my palate and satisfy my itch to get a nice steel chronograph. I just had a baby so I cant justify dropping a lot right now. I'll will be wearing this daily and in the future upgrading to a better quality dive watch is the sub 1k range. It's big, it's heavy and it looks really nice so I'm happy with it for now.

Invicta Sea Spider

image.jpg

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What about a cheap but rugged watch you can wear for sports or other activities that you don't want to risk a nice timepiece doing? I need one that can survive the sauna.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    What about a cheap but rugged watch you can wear for sports or other activities that you don't want to risk a nice timepiece doing? I need one that can survive the sauna.
    Timex Military Field Expedition.

Been wearing one on duty for about two years now. No issues at all.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I think you have to define what "cheap" is to you to get the best recommendations. The Seiko SKX007 has a huge following and can be had for under $200. You can get it on rubber or a bracelet from the factory. There are also tons of aftermarket mods if you wanted to set yours apart from the crowd.

These guys have a good rep on the watch forums and list it for a good price: http://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko...p/skx007k1.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I finally gave up on my piece of shit SEIKO monster. The junk started gaining time, I sent it back. They fixed it... it did it again after a month or two.

Won't buy Seiko again. I'm back to a Gshock with solar. So far so good. My main gripe with Gshock was the battery dying.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I finally gave up on my piece of shit SEIKO monster. The junk started gaining time, I sent it back. They fixed it... it did it again after a month or two.

Won't buy Seiko again. I'm back to a Gshock with solar. So far so good. My main gripe with Gshock was the battery dying.

For $200 I wouldn't say they are shit. It's an automatic so will never be as accurate as a digital watch like the Gshock(I have one of these also). Even a Rolex gains or loses time.

My Monster started gaining time like crazy after it took a good bump a couple of months ago. I found online that if they get hit hard that there is a spring(or something) that can get stuck and you just have to hit it again to make it go back to normal. I wrapped it in a towel and hit it on the table, problem solved.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    For $200 I wouldn't say they are shit. It's an automatic so will never be as accurate as a digital watch like the Gshock(I have one of these also). Even a Rolex gains or loses time.
    No I mean GAINING MAJOR TIME. Like you say below... I don't mind truing up a watch once every few weeks.

My Monster started gaining time like crazy after it took a good bump a couple of months ago. I found online that if they get hit hard that there is a spring(or something) that can get stuck and you just have to hit it again to make it go back to normal. I wrapped it in a towel and hit it on the table, problem solved.
    Damn... I may try that. I still have the turd and have nothing to lose at this point. Did you tap it bezel up, or down... or on the crown?
    Last edited by markm; 02-28-14 at 13:54.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I think you have to define what "cheap" is to you to get the best recommendations. The Seiko SKX007 has a huge following and can be had for under $200. You can get it on rubber or a bracelet from the factory. There are also tons of aftermarket mods if you wanted to set yours apart from the crowd.

These guys have a good rep on the watch forums and list it for a good price: http://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko...p/skx007k1.htm

This.

I bought one of these as a beater and because I love automatic watches. It has a cult following and is very classic. I love this watch.

Here is a cool old one owned by Kyle Defoor

http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/22...2-bought-by-my
    Last edited by OldState; 02-28-14 at 18:40.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Page 103 of 256 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast