Page 234 of 256 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    Does anyone else like “pilot divers” or “explorer divers”/“mil dial divers”?

Basically, a diver watch with dive bezel plus and explorer or military dial with Arabic numeral 8ndices instead of dots, circles, rectangles, squares, red.

Specifically I meant dive watches with numeric indices.

Not just mil issue, etc.

Explorer type dialed ones,
    Like a vintage SM300

I got this made out of NOS parts a few years ago. This and the explorer dialed Rolex subs are the earliest watches of this type I can think of, from back around the 1960s.

Or a Sinn.
    I bought this in the past year. Very clean dial.

And military/pilot typed dial ones
    Like the Seiko I made about 15 years ago. Basically an SKX007 case with a Seiko 5 military watch movement/dial/hands tossed in. I like the look, but with day/date, 24hr indices, Seiko 5 logo, it is a little busy.

A Fortis B42.
    Very big watch. With decent but not the Hiroshima type Lume I am and addict for. They say it was on purpose compared to a dive watch to not overwhelm instruments in a cockpit.

Or some versions of the Glycine Combat Sub.
    Again, I would like Seiko or Rolex level Lume. And maybe a touch cleaner dial.

t

The Marathon JSAR. Again, it would be cleaner without the 24hr markers. Plus the indices only are lumed not the numerals.

While I don’t like the Tudor Sub hands, and even Rolex Mercedes hands are not my favorite,
    I have always wished they would put a Ranger dial in a Tudor Sub.

Anyone else here have a thing for numeral indices in a dive watch?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Yeah Ramairthree I have to admit I do like that look too, and the easy to use functionality.

Feedback Score
    So, after some time with my Glycine Combat Sub 48-

Moving up from traditional Sub size gives you a nice diameter dial, for those of you that might also be in reading glasses age. They do so without making the watches hockey puck height like a Fortis B4 or Marine Master or a Marathon JSAR.

I got the PVD version as I have many SS options. It is a very shiny black. Also, it seems the bracelet is PVD coated when fully assembled. I will have to stop by a watchmaker to size the bracelet and currently have it on leather. My screwdrivers of this size either break or the shaft rotates trying to remove them. It also does not have push hole lugs.

The movements theynuse, from my understanding, are 2824 parts from ETA assembled by Glycine.

Overall, you are able to get a Swiss dive watch for under $400 in some cases. Depending on the dial, size, sales, etc.

They are boxed well, have a warranty from authorized dealers, but have one very weak point-
    The Lume.

The Arabic numerals have very poor Lume. The hands and indices have better, but still poor Lume. It is not on par with a Seiko 5 75$ watch, let alone a $200 Seiko dive watch.

If you want a Swiss made dive watch with classic styling, these are one of the more inexpensive options. I choose one for “pilot diver” type dial, the PVD (which may not hold up well), and the at least partially in house ETA level movement. If it had better Lume, I would be trying to light a fire under your butts to go get one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have been looking hard at a Combat Sub recently. They seem to hit all the marks I am looking for.

I did recently pick up a Seiko...not one of the super expensive ones but pleased so far, especially for the price. I wanted something to wear to work and not worry about it like I do with my Breitling and Omega.
    558F2C77-03D7-49D9-94AF-9FBAD9668055.jpg
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Just beware the Lume on them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Watch Intel. Guy I met at a conference today owns NFW watch company:

https://nfwonline.com/

I was really impressed with the build quality/value for $. Like a 500m rated dive watch for will under 1k:

https://nfwonline.com/collections/sh...ucts/shumate-1

He makes watches for a number of interesting clients, and donates $ to mil based causes. If you
    like a design, I don't think one could go wrong the $.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-01-18 at 17:15.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Really like your SM300 Ramairthree.
    The one watch I never ran across I wanted to pick up that was in decent shape.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Watch Intel. Guy I met at a conference today owns NFW watch company:

https://nfwonline.com/

I was really impressed with the build quality/value for $. Like a 500m rated dive watch for will under 1k:

https://nfwonline.com/collections/sh...ucts/shumate-1

He makes watches for a number of interesting clients, and donates $ to mil based causes. If you
    like a design, I don't think one could go wrong the $.
    The purpose driven thing seems to be really taking off as a means do go good and drive your sales. I'm a big fan of it.

Back to watches, I'm really liking this:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What are the daily inaccuracies those of you with automatic watches see (ie +3 seconds or -2 seconds)?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

I would love to grab a no date dial version just like it.

I used to prefer day/date over date over no date.

But man they look great.

Page 234 of 256 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast