Page 235 of 256 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    What are the daily inaccuracies those of you with automatic watches see (ie +3 seconds or -2 seconds)?
    I general a high end new or recently serviced will be like two or three minutes off over the course of a month.

And if not worn a few days will stop running.

Many are five or ten minutes off a month.

You will have to adjust date every other month as well.

Quartz obviously will usually be only seconds off. And unless a less common perpetual calendar type will still need date adjusted every other month.

A nice digital watch is like a stock Glock. Superbly functional and reliable. But not exactly getting your pulse up. It’s like your wife’s Toyota Highlander.

A nice quartz analog watch is like your 226, Beretta 92, CZ, etc. Again superbly functional and reliable. Nice and metal and hefty, and cool. But a little bit more of a pain in the ass. Not quite as easy button-ish. parts not always in stock, , etc. it’s like your second or third gen 4-Runner you love.

And the automatic watch, that’s like your J40 LandCruiser. Not cheap for a mint one. It’s does get your heart racing and it took a while to get it totally reliable and doing everything you want. You have to put some effort, maintenance, and up keep into it in comparison, it’s like 1911.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tried on a speedy and a seamaster today. Wasn’t a major fan of the seamaster, I prefer the Pelagos for that coin. The speedy was definitely an awesome piece. Hopefully I can bag one..

Feedback Score
    The speedy, whether the manual true classic or automatic reeks vintage omega heritage and rocks.

Many of the new SM seem to have none of the DNA of the classic late 60s dive watch era.

That is what is so cool about the Sub, SD, Blancpain, some of the Seiko, etc.
    They only take a glance and you can see how true to the heritage they are.
    Some old name Dive watches have been in production for decades, and some are reborn companies of the vintage name with vintage looking models.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    The purpose driven thing seems to be really taking off as a means do go good and drive your sales. I'm a big fan of it.

Back to watches, I'm really liking this:

Get it! You'll note most models are out of stock so they seem to be doing something right. I will say, in person, they feel and look well above their price point.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    A nice digital watch is like a stock Glock. Superbly functional and reliable. But not exactly getting your pulse up. It’s like your wife’s Toyota Highlander.

A nice quartz analog watch is like your 226, Beretta 92, CZ, etc. Again superbly functional and reliable. Nice and metal and hefty, and cool. But a little bit more of a pain in the ass. Not quite as easy button-ish. parts not always in stock, , etc. it’s like your second or third gen 4-Runner you love.

And the automatic watch, that’s like your J40 LandCruiser. Not cheap for a mint one. It’s does get your heart racing and it took a while to get it totally reliable and doing everything you want. You have to put some effort, maintenance, and up keep into it in comparison, it’s like 1911.
    Great analogy! Now... Lets look at different grades of automatic watches. The 1911 is a good comparison. Some auto watches are like a base Kimber 1911, and some are like a Wilson Combat Supergrade. When you get into auto watches, it can become a sickness to find that grail. I have three. My Seiko runs +/- 2-3 seconds a day, the Breitling runs +/- 1-2 seconds a day, and my Rolex GMT BLNR runs +/- 1-2 seconds a WEEK. Your mileage will vary. It needs to be noted though that even that 2-3 seconds a day for the Seiko is VERY accurate based on the Swiss COSC accuracy standards.

Yes, a good thermo-compensated quartz will run within 10 seconds a YEAR, but it has no soul. There is something magical about having a watch that actually hums on a mechanical beat.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Great analogy! Now... Lets look at different grades of automatic watches. The 1911 is a good comparison. Some auto watches are like a base Kimber 1911, and some are like a Wilson Combat Supergrade. When you get into auto watches, it can become a sickness to find that grail. I have three. My Seiko runs +/- 2-3 seconds a day, the Breitling runs +/- 1-2 seconds a day, and my Rolex GMT BLNR runs +/- 1-2 seconds a WEEK. Your mileage will vary. It needs to be noted though that even that 2-3 seconds a day for the Seiko is VERY accurate based on the Swiss COSC accuracy standards.

Yes, a good thermo-compensated quartz will run within 10 seconds a YEAR, but it has no soul. There is something magical about having a watch that actually hums on a mechanical beat.
    As your $20 digital Timex keeps better time than the most expensive autos, keeping precise time just not the function of the auto any more. Your GPS adjusted phone even more accurate than the Timex, so as long as they're good enough for gubment work, maybe a few mins per week +/-, I don't even think about it. Some get way to focused/OCD on that aspect.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Watch Intel. Guy I met at a conference today owns NFW watch company:

https://nfwonline.com/

I was really impressed with the build quality/value for $. Like a 500m rated dive watch for will under 1k:

https://nfwonline.com/collections/sh...ucts/shumate-1

He makes watches for a number of interesting clients, and donates $ to mil based causes. If you
    like a design, I don't think one could go wrong the $.
    I have a Shumate. Great watch and incredible lume. Has the Miyota 9015

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post

I saw one at the table and I really can't think of a better deal for the $. Reminds me a bit of Oris in that you get an overbuilt quality auto watch for a killer price, and nfw is way less $ than Oris. I'd bet prices will go up in the near future.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-02-18 at 20:10.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post

Showing that watch, plus a Lume shot, when it is sold out,
    Is like showing me Rachel and Monica from Friends with Nichole Kidman in their prime naked in my steamy shower lathering each other up while I am chained out of reach.

May you be spiked by the venomous heel spurs of a duck billed platypus in your testicles so you writhe in agony while dying from the venom of a Komodo dragon bite.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Showing that watch, plus a Lume shot, when it is sold out,
    Is like showing me Rachel and Monica from Friends with Nichole Kidman in their prime naked in my steamy shower lathering each other up while I am chained out of reach.

May you be spiked by the venomous heel spurs of a duck billed platypus in your testicles so you writhe in agony while dying from the venom of a Komodo dragon bite.
    You gonna buy one? I know a guy...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 235 of 256 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast