Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Stole this one in CDG duty free store.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/171479...7709455814427/

C4
    Nice. Was that recently? Rolex sports watches have been extremely scarce for about 3 years now.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Nice. Was that recently? Rolex sports watches have been extremely scarce for about 3 years now.
    Yes, couple weeks ago. This DSSD was being held for a customer that didn't come to pick it up. So I snagged it. :-)

C4

Feedback Score
    How accurate should a Rolex Datejust be? seconds per day?

I was at a wedding this weekend and someone was talking about how silly it is to spend money on Rolex. And then he said oh and he looked at my wrist and I showed him my Swiss Army watch and I told them the Rolex is in the shop. The funny thing is is that my Rolex actually is in the shop, but he thought I was trying to be funny.

For the second time in about eight years the number 11 marker has fallen off of the face. Last time it happened the service lady admonished me for treating the watch poorly, which I didn’t take very kindly to. Now that the sea marker has fallen off twice, I think it’s not so much me it is the watch. Any thoughts?

If they blame it on ruff use again, I’m just going to hold up my left arm and go “do you see any scars or missing fingers. If I survived it without damage so should the watch.”
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Yes, couple weeks ago. This DSSD was being held for a customer that didn't come to pick it up. So I snagged it. :-)

C4
    You lucky dog. My buddy was in Geneva in mid June and he went to several Rolex dealers. They had no Sub/GMT/DSSD/Daytona, etc. Just like in Vegas when I went to SHOT this year, there was none at the usual authorized dealers. There were plenty of Datejust and other gaudy/blingy Rolex.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    How accurate should a Rolex Datejust be? seconds per day?

I was at a wedding this weekend and someone was talking about how silly it is to spend money on Rolex. And then he said oh and he looked at my wrist and I showed him my Swiss Army watch and I told them the Rolex is in the shop. The funny thing is is that my Rolex actually is in the shop, but he thought I was trying to be funny.

For the second time in about eight years the number 11 marker has fallen off of the face. Last time it happened the service lady admonished me for treating the watch poorly, which I didn’t take very kindly to. Now that the sea marker has fallen off twice, I think it’s not so much me it is the watch. Any thoughts?

If they blame it on ruff use again, I’m just going to hold up my left arm and go “do you see any scars or missing fingers. If I survived it without damage so should the watch.”
    There is an international standard for time (or how much is allowed to be lost per day). So as long as it is within that standard you are GTG. Many people (that cannot afford a Rolex) will use that knowledge (that they lose time everyday) to justify their "poorness."

Now, something breaking on the Rolex can happy, but would say that it happening twice would probably cause me to contact Rolex corporation for a "chat." I have two Rolex's (going on for 8yrs now) and an Omega Seamaster. My clasp broke on the Omega. So things do happen with normal wear....

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    You lucky dog. My buddy was in Geneva in mid June and he went to several Rolex dealers. They had no Sub/GMT/DSSD/Daytona, etc. Just like in Vegas when I went to SHOT this year, there was none at the usual authorized dealers. There were plenty of Datejust and other gaudy/blingy Rolex.
    Well, I am not that lucky so I look at it as God's favor. ;-) Yeah, I saw a lot of nice Rolex's that I would never own in Paris. There is definitely a severe shortage....

C4

Feedback Score
    I've had two Rolex watches over the last 20 years. Until needing service, both kept time withing COSC standards which is something like +/- six seconds a day. As Grant says, that is the accepted standard. My current GMT II keeps time within one second a day.

Think about it this way, owning a Rolex is like springing for a custom Wilson Supergrade 1911.Yeah, your Glock is still more reliable. We know. I'm over it.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score

Lucky indeed. I was on a waiting list for about 6 months here in DFW to get my sub. I would loved to have had a GMT or a Hulk but didn't care to deal with the waiting list.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Damn Grant. You are lucky to find one like that.

Im looking for my second rolex and its almost impossible to stumble upon one.

Page 247 of 256 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast